Feeler gauge, Valve clearance

Does anyone know where I can buy a 90 degree feeler gauge in the UK (0.004") used for setting valve clearances?

I saw one used on a 911 rebuild video recently, went looking for one, couldn't find them anywhere. Other thicknesses are available but no 0.004" at all.

Using a normal feeler gauge just doesn't work if you want to go back and double check as you just can't feed a flat one back in the gap.

20 minutes ago, sjwright944 said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a 90 degree feeler gauge in the UK (0.004") used for setting valve clearances?

I saw one used on a 911 rebuild video recently, went looking for one, couldn't find them anywhere. Other thicknesses are available but no 0.004" at all.

Using a normal feeler gauge just doesn't work if you want to go back and double check as you just can't feed a flat one back in the gap.

https://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=29782767

On 25/07/2020 at 22:42, Phil911 said:

I’ve got a brand new genuine Porsche one ordered 2 by mistake I think it cost me £35 if that’s any good to you ?

Hi Phil, many thanks for the offer, very much appreciated however I will pass for now. I've managed to set them with a standard feeler and I'm going to look into the Kirk tool that has been mentioned as the next time the engine will be in the car.

On 26/07/2020 at 19:25, Leicestershire said:

Have a look at the Kirk valve tool.

Makes valve adjustment with the engine fitted much easier.

Thanks, this sounds good, I will look into it.