Whats the story behind your forum ID

Beaky

On 30/07/2020 at 18:25, MaxDiesel said:

Nickname given to me by Andy Green (land speed record holder) when I was out in Bonneville with him working on a Diesel Land speed record project in 2005/6. I bought my 911 just after so it seemed appropriate to use it.... Not so sure now given all the bad press diesels have been getting!

You win.  Andy Green is bad ass. 

• Like 1

On 30/07/2020 at 12:07, Barty said:

School nickname after passing wind Farty Barty - First part for the wind - the second part rhyming my surname - A smelly rhyme if you like! Glad I ended up with the latter half as my nickname.

School rules.  Anyone with ‘art’ in their name...

• Like 3

Yeah well you'll never guess where mine came from...

I'm Flat 6 on all sorts of Forums including Audi, Triumph and Landrover. I think I initially used it on P'Heads when I used to enjoy annoying my mates with V8 TVRs.

The only forum I'm not Flat 6 on is the Saxo Owners forum. My 95 year old aunt gave her Saxo to my eldest daughter and I joined the forum to ask a few questions...so I'm Auntie Doreen on there. I may well adopt that everywhere!!

Edited by Flat 6
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Flat 6 said:

The only forum I'm not Flat 6 on is the Saxo Owners forum. My 95 year old aunt gave her Saxo to my eldest daughter and I joined the forum to ask a few questions...so I'm Auntie Doreen on there. I may well adopt that everywhere!!

And tonight Matthew I will be Auntie Doreen from County Down. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Music: probably my favourite Stones track - certainly one of the best intros of all time - and a sense of 'sheltering' in the Forum.  More than that, Gimme Shelter was released in 1969 and there was something special about that year - first man on the moon, Woodstock, Easy Rider, etc.

Edited by GimmeShelter
  • Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 11:54, runnersp said:

I used to really like Gilera scooters. Behold, the Gilera Runner SP. 

I'd always hoped that was the reason.  The Runner, together with its rarer brother the Dragster, was brilliant.

Edited by GimmeShelter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

I'd always hoped that was the reason.  The Runner, together with its rarer brother the Dragster, was brilliant.

Totally brilliant - I had two. Would still be riding one today if I was was still living in London.

15 hours ago, GimmeShelter said:

I had three, a normal 50cc, an SP 50 and an SP 180. The 180 two stroke was a delightfully barmy device and I really need to buy another one before prices get too stupid. I outfitted it with the obligatory anti-social spanny and it sounded like merry hell. 

• Like 1

Mine started out from around 2005 where I started getting in to Jap turbo cars.  Ran a couple of S13's which inevitably were tail happy when pushing a bit of power...  Left me grinning like an idiot saying Sideways.. fun..!  New forum name give and have used it ever since.  I still stand by the statement of "Sideways is fun" (Perhaps not on the road in a 911 however!!)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hagarep said:

Had a Noriyuki Haga edition Aprilia RSV when i joined the forum and I figured anything based on a haga replica wouldn't be taken already.

IMG_1090 (Small).JPG

I had always wondered about yours. A fine machine. My Haga rep is limited to being of the Arai variety. :)

1 hour ago, runnersp said:

I had always wondered about yours. A fine machine. My Haga rep is limited to being of the Arai variety. :)

I have that too. 2004 colour scheme RX7, signed by him at Brands WSB . He did the seat hump too during the Pit Walk.