Discounted clutch for 3.2

May be of some use to someone, Eurocarparts appear to be doing a larger than usual discount on a 2 piece clutch kit. Note, the bearing is not included.

£254 after the discount code nonsense is applied, was the cheapest I could find in stock by far. Maybe reducing stock like the brake disc deal not long ago.

Only issue is that it appears quite different to the one that came out, but I assume this an upgrade from the original? Mine has a large rubber piece, the new one doesn't.

Capture2.JPG.014072a25ca2632bb3434afbb8cb72e2.JPGCapture.JPG.6491e5073e57bbac6a6d6158c67e23f4.JPG

20200819_083532.thumb.jpg.8255fab079541149cbe835575305cf3a.jpg

20200819_111931.thumb.jpg.08bb43edba6d6dac7c8ea8e754b0f343.jpg

Edited by jellyfishfields

Yes, EPC give away at less than cost because their purchasing department bought 100 and that is 12 months worth, Covid 19 kicked in and its a bit more tricky

Buy one now if you need one, thats a crazy good price even for the 2 pieces, bearings are long term backorder so Porsche only at about £170 + vat

6 hours ago, SP72 said:

Spring centres replaced the rubber centred ones - more reliable, I believe?

Rubber doughnut clutch discs went out of fashion with V12 Supercars old chap..................:D

Hhhmm tempting.  Engine will be out for a refresh in Nov so could be a good opportunistic job.  Just checked records though and it was last replace in 2008 at 131k miles.  So 12 years old and 40k Miles, probably doesn’t need it.

I've ordered one too.

It won't eat nor drink on the shelf until I need it so a bit of a no-brainer.

Clutch was last done just before I bought the car at roughly 40k miles. I'm on the cusp of 80k now so....

30 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

I've ordered one too.

Clutch was last done just before I bought the car at roughly 40k miles. I'm on the cusp of 80k now so....

Agreed, just bought one

On 19/08/2020 at 15:27, Wingnonut said:

Don’t forget you may need a new guide tube as the newer release bearing is 31.8mm ID. 

Thanks, I saw that issue on your link, mine had already been changed along with the bigger needle bearings installed. Matt noticed this going by the part numbers of the previous clutch that had been fitted to mine.

On 20/08/2020 at 06:23, Chris_911 said:

I've ordered one too.

Another 40k minimum to go. Better book some trips!

38 minutes ago, johndglynn said:

Another 40k minimum to go. Better book some trips!

Gonna make up for 2020 in 2021....

Was planning on Bonneville Speed Week this year (obviously not in the IB) so that's in the calendar for 21.

• 1 month later...