Power for a dual USB port

Looking to add a dual USB Power port to Daisy. The area next to the headlight switch on my lower dash has a hole in it. Idea was to pop one of these on a bit of carbon fibre sheet I have here and sandwich into the hole in the lower dash. Any advice of a good spot to take a switched live and an earthing spot near the headlight switch? 

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

s-l1600.jpg

I put one of these in the lid of an empty Vaseline tub and dbl sided sticky taped it behind the handbrake to power a camera and charge the iPhone :twocents:

23 minutes ago, Dr Rock said:

I put one of these in the lid of an empty Vaseline tub and dbl sided sticky taped it behind the handbrake to power a camera and charge the iPhone :twocents:

There’s so many questions coming out of that Fraser, it’s a good job you don’t have a 911 any more.....

On my SC there's a yellow wire from the ignition switch that provides a switched live feed for the radio - it's on in every position except off.  Take a 'T' off that (with a separate in-line fuse).  Behind the radio on the bulkhead is an earthing point (big cross head bolt).

On 19/08/2020 at 18:28, PeterK said:

On my SC there's a yellow wire from the ignition switch that provides a switched live feed for the radio - it's on in every position except off.  Take a 'T' off that (with a separate in-line fuse).  Behind the radio on the bulkhead is an earthing point (big cross head bolt).

Thanks Peter. Had a look this evening. Found a yellow wire with a connector but it didn’t seem to be a switched live.  I flipping hate wiring. Like a nest in there lol

The port is kind of in. Not elegant but it’s better than a hole I guess. Might put a little plate in behind the rim. More weight though! Lol Anyone on the best wire to tap? 

8FAB0FD7-7C66-4EEB-8F5C-C7D4DE0BBBC5.jpeg

78CE5C98-13C7-4F65-A5BC-1047B0BABF1D.jpeg

95A32275-74EC-4C1A-86E1-5B06A4E331D0.jpeg

Edited by Busybee

There’s also a thick yellow that is to the starter, the heater and something else that I’ve forgotten.  You don’t want to be cutting that 😀

Look for the thin yellow wire connector just the other side of the steering wheel, or work back from the radio 

... or just use a piggyback spade connector to the back of the ignition switch

Edited by PeterK

5 hours ago, PeterK said:

Look for the thin yellow wire connector just the other side of the steering wheel, or work back from the radio 

... or just use a piggyback spade connector to the back of the ignition switch

Radio. In Daisy. Sacre bleu! lol 

4 hours ago, Phill said:

What about the wires to the cigarette lighter? Should be easily accessible.

Isn't that a permanent live? 

2 hours ago, Busybee said:

How is the cigarette lighter removed from the dash peeps? 

I think from the luggage compartment.  Certainly power lead is accessed from there, having removed the fresh air gubbins.