Mike Brewer 911sc mods

angusb

Geez, that boy has been banging the granny out of the burgers since he has lived stateside!

• Haha 2

He sweats more than I do, I didn’t think that was possible...

Surprised there has not been more interest over here in Rasant products - their products appeared after I’d commissioned BSM to build my old one.  
Looks a great product 

Edited by SP72

Really nice, thanks for sharing. 

I’m at the planning stage of converting my SC to EFI and ITBs and the packages from Rasant look very interesting. Do you know of any European company offering similar kits?

Yes, thank you for posting. They look to be doing some very cool stuff.

Yet again this forum has brought on a strange sensation of circling the wormhole of great expense...

@WP0ZZZ good luck with it! I will be interested to follow your progress; please do keep us updated. 👍

6 hours ago, anglophone1 said:

His T shirt is from Hunziker

https://shophunziker.com

They have some nice stuff. $56 shipping for a T-shirt though :lol:

I must say that Rasant throttle body/intake kit is droolworthy. Compared to others, not bad value either.

Edited by Phill

On 22/08/2020 at 04:35, WP0ZZZ said:

I’m at the planning stage of converting my SC to EFI and ITBs and the packages from Rasant look very interesting. Do you know of any European company offering similar kits?

Stuttgart Classica has a full kit https://www.stuttgart-classica.co.uk/new-parts/911-32-throttle-body-kit?category=Engine+%26amp%3B+Drivetrain

Oopps just noticed yours is an SC and this is for a 3.2.  Guess you can ask them

Edited by Ian Comerford

22 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Stuttgart Classica has a full kit https://www.stuttgart-classica.co.uk/new-parts/911-32-throttle-body-kit?category=Engine+%26amp%3B+Drivetrain

Oopps just noticed yours is an SC and this is for a 3.2.  Guess you can ask them

The Rasant kit looks much nicer, you get more and it's cheaper, even with taxes.

1 hour ago, Ian Comerford said:

Good to see an ever expanding field for intakes, would be great if someone did a proper comparison between the various products. On a somewhat related note I've just found out that Porsche supplied some ST cars with Webers, and all along I thought they were just used by Ferrari.

37 minutes ago, Chris T said:

Would love to watch this, but it just will not play for me..... What am I doing wrong?

It's posted on Facebook. Complete guess but you may need the Facebook app installed (assuming you're using your phone)?

I visited Andrew at Rasant at his workshop last November, he's a great guy, very enthusiastic and as mentioned in the video comes from a proper auto engineering background.

We have two builds in the workshop that will be using his kit, one on a 3.2 which should be running in the next few weeks and one destined for a 964 build later in the year.

They are great quality and well thought out. Like any modification though, nothing is ever really completely plug and play and each build requires and amount of fettling and customising.

This one in our Purple 3.2 Targa Build, it uses 964 inlet manifolds.

IMG_5067.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phill said:

Are there more follow up videos because this one doesn't really tell you much other than Brewer is a heart attack waiting to happen.

:rlol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Phill said:

Are there more follow up videos because this one doesn't really tell you much other than Brewer is a heart attack waiting to happen.

There are a few videos made by rasant (or for rasant) on YouTube.

Edited by Mondrian
Typo

11 minutes ago, Mondrian said:

There are a few videos made by rasant (or for rasant) on YouTube.

None any more informative though.

Seems like the first one was a starter and there will be a few more following through the build. 🤞

They have a decent Instagram feed full of lovely-looking clean engine builds. Before I get shot down too brutally, I hold my hands up to being a novice who is easily impressed... 🤗

18 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Thanks for sharing that, I didn't know that Stuttgart Classica were offering kits like that. Although I agree with @Phill that the Rasant kits look better.

I believe that a kit like that could be used on an SC as well. Once you remove all the factory intake and injection, the 3.0 engine of an SC and the 3.2 engine of a Carrrera look quite similar!

13 hours ago, Jon Miller said:

Like any modification though, nothing is ever really completely plug and play and each build requires and amount of fettling and customising.

What sort of fettling and customising do you typically need to do?

Edited by WP0ZZZ

On 22/08/2020 at 04:35, WP0ZZZ said:

Have a look at AT Power, they have been promoting their shaftless throttle bodies kit for 911s recently.  AT Power are here in Norfolk.

21 hours ago, Jon Miller said:

I visited Andrew at Rasant at his workshop last November, he's a great guy, very enthusiastic and as mentioned in the video comes from a proper auto engineering background.

We have two builds in the workshop that will be using his kit, one on a 3.2 which should be running in the next few weeks and one destined for a 964 build later in the year.

They are great quality and well thought out. Like any modification though, nothing is ever really completely plug and play and each build requires and amount of fettling and customising.

This one in our Purple 3.2 Targa Build, it uses 964 inlet manifolds.

IMG_5067.jpg

I'm sure the workmanship, performance and reliability are first class, but a huge part of the IB experience for me is that it's old school - including the engine.  Coil packs, no distributor, no CDI boxes, plenum chambers ...  I guess behind the wheel you still have all the right noises. I'm probably just a luddite ... 

48 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Is it just me or are these components mind bogglingly expensive?

I get that bespoke parts produced in small volumes to a high standard are going to be expensive but these parts for Porsche are always more expensive than for other cars. There is definitely an element of "oh, they are are Porsche owners, they can afford it" and a bit extra is added on top. It's just greed really.