1984 Esprit Turbo

30 minutes ago, R500_WKD said:

Nice idea. The system's pretty heavy when you take all the pipework from back to front into consideration. 

Yep.  The Porsche system is over 30kg.  I would imagine the Lotus would be the same. 

15 minutes ago, Jonny Hart said:

Yep.  The Porsche system is over 30kg.  I would imagine the Lotus would be the same. 

Didn't realise it's as heavy as that, IIRC read somewhere it was 25kg before taking mine off, haven't weighed it though but o guess you should know. That reminds me I still haven't taken off the bracket as it required a semi engine drop.

12 hours ago, Wingnonut said:

What a nice bloke he seems! I may have found my next YouTube time waster whilst I wait for Binky episodes. 

I discovered it some time back but long since caught up. There is something about watching the time lapse work that I find very relaxing.

will check that YT vid out, thanks for the tip Les :)  Good to hear there might be a lightweight option for the Aircon should I get on the Lotus train. I want to use it to cruise down to Italy to see the in-laws, the Italians will love it down there :D The CR was popular enough, though guess its red like a Ferrari  :P

ps watched 'For your eyes only' again the other night, The Lotus looks stunning in that, just love the Bronze version with ski's fitted to the rear lid  :cool:

23 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

ps watched 'For your eyes only' again the other night, The Lotus looks stunning in that, just love the Bronze version with ski's fitted to the rear lid  :cool:

That's my favourite as well - I've got a 1:18 scale auto art model of that one:

image0.thumb.jpeg.324c85a3879d1101d512aaac5eb5dd60.jpeg

• Like 3

ace collection :cool:  got about 16 1:18 fave race/rally cars (and about 50 1:43's !!)  but yet to get a Lotus, real or model 

just watched the Soup time lapse vid, definitely therapeutic. So wish I had the skills or money to do that kind of work to any classic car.

Ditto on an ace collection!

Started collecting 1.18 cars that I've helped design but had to downsized to 1 43

Made the mistake of buying every F1 GTR livery and both F1 drivers, my collection is well over a 100 cars and rising

Display case will be huge so I've allocated a full man cave wall for it 

On 24/08/2020 at 09:52, MarkJ said:

very nice, there were a few at Brands Hatch yesterday for the Masters Historic. I had a good look all over them :)  I did think the seats looked quite laid-back, almost single seater racer style, can you still see your front corners okay from the driving position?

There is a very good air-con place at Northfleet in kent (not too far for you). The guy there was old school and loves working on older cars, might be worth a call and chat to see if he can sort you out. Seemed very knowledgable when I was there.  Aircon Direct.

+1 for Aircon Direct, they know their stuff and will come out to you. I've had work done by the owners son, nice people.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

not sure where to post this so I'll drop it here, looks like a good project for someone

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic/sat-7th-sun-8th-november/1989-lotus-esprit/

Great project:

Start it and drive it to the local tip. Lol

Edited by Fred
Spelling
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Need to fill it first, wouldn't want to make it a wasted trip 🙄

Indeed! I am sure that they are fabulous cars but I just don't get the Lotus Esprit thing. 

Reminds me the Alpine cars of the same period. Cool cars, trying to look fast but not really cool and definitely not fast. As reliable as any French and English cars of the same period. 

• Like 1