Rennsport Collective: November 1st

SurlySurdi

Last year Rennsport Collective had their first ever event, I attended and it was excellent. If you’re interested in motorsport and Porsche history it’s very engaging.

Looks like there is another event in November. I’m still debating whether to go because of the time of year but for those interested here is a screen shot of the article I’ve just read....

A78DEDEC-D2D9-4F67-B053-160C802CE18D.png

• johndglynn changed the title to Rennsport Collective: November 1st

That's cheap. I or rather my 50th was invited as a show car to Salon Prive at Blenheim palace for 70 years of Porsche event back in 2018. A contribution of £1500 was requested, yes @Busybee gala dinner & bubbly was included in the 2 day event. I must admit that I did actually consider it as a once in a lifetime event just to see what it was like.

If you’re into historic racing Porsche’s then this is an excellent event, highlight for me was to not only see the cars up close but to then stand a few feet away as they blasted past on a makeshift track at full chat. That was incredible. I’ll dig up some photos and videos and post them.

I really fancy this but slightly concerned that it will be a short event like Boxengasse. 
Could not believe that BG was all but over by 13.30/2pm. 
Went for a coffee, Autofarm, BB then came out to look at cars and most had left.

mybe too long a journey for 3hrs for me I’m afraid

I’m coming over from Ireland for it Raymond- will sort something else out for the weekend too😎 We all need to get out and do something this year - or go nuts😏

From Sept. 14, groups of more than six people will be fined and banned from meeting in the United Kingdom. The new restrictions follow a sharp spike across the UK, that has been largely blamed on party-going youth.

OH SH*T 😧

Edited by SurlySurdi

I've sent an email to the organisers,,,,,hoping by November the ban is lifted

10 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

But fine if you are in a school or office??

yes that IS odd, no doubt there is justification that can be made

• 1 month later...

So who is going?

Have to say that with the absence of events this year I'm tempted, though I think the risk of an increased lock-down is high.

Right now it's looking mighty attractive as an opportunity to get out with the camera for a few hours.

I sent an email to the organisers. Right now it's in the lowest of the 3 tiers, if that does not change it should be good to go.

They said if they do have to postpone it they will move it to next spring and as expected honour any tickets bought or provide a full refund.

As of right now I will be going, the only thing concerning me apart from it not going ahead is the weather being pants, then again, that's always a concern!

Edited by SurlySurdi

I had the same concern at Beaulieu. What they say is any one group cannot be of more than 6 people and groups are based on social distancing so if up to 6 people are more than 2 metres apart from up to 6 other people that is considered to be two distinct groups and is allowed.