993 RS Rep value

Busybee

Depends a bit on spec.  Suspension?  Brakes?  Uprights?  Diff?  Bushings?  If real RS parts are in place then its got more value, for sure.  If not, its still a nice toy as even a dead standard 993 is a nice thing.  It looks the part and in terms of handy size, acceptable grunt and interaction with a modicum of safety (ABS), its looks like a pretty nice package in today's bloated over horsepowered world.

This one looks like a track car - which may be good or bad.

Edited by Richard Bernau

Thanks Rich. Kw setup all round setup by Chris Franklin. Standard c2 brakes with RS pads apparently (not sure how that works cause the RS had bigger 322mm discs I think). It’s the base I like. Pop a 3.8 engine in it. Keep daisy exactly as she is. See if any RS bits pop up (😂).
I really need to reduce my cars and focus on cars I really covet/want to drive. At the moment, I pick up the keys for daisy or the Boxster almost automatically. The others have become a bit of an old school novelty.  

1 hour ago, ras62 said:

Good shout Rob. Like that. Seats are lovely. No cage, cruise, AC 🤪 

Black car has quite a few nice bits. Needs a headlight washer delete, maybe sunroof but I do like a sunroof (especially with no aircon), carpet set, my 3.8 heaved in. 

Edited by Busybee

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it has sold, been in contact with a guy who wanted a 64 RS and offered him a look over my N-GT and suggested he may also want to consider this option of RS. He is the last comment on the RL forum saying most involving road car and can't wait to collect. I thought the Rep seemed pricey as Jackal's 993 Rep went for around £80k end of last year and above a bit less. Reps are big money I guess - specially if you lump Singer in the mix.

I remember seeing the vid above when it got finished. I also remember this car creating an upset at the 2010 PCGB 15 year celebration for the 993 RS with the best UK turn out ever approx 30 cars from memory on display. Then someone got their knickers in a twist about the above car being a replica and it having front row status on display. It was told to go, told to stay and eventually stayed as it was originally a 993 RS shell and  qualified at an original, if a tad modified. Amazing car! What is the price, anyone know?

If I had a choice of the one above and this, the black snake would be my choice - Porsche history right here! Ring record. Thoughts??? PS Also built on an original 993RS Shell and 993 RSR wing extensions - not GT2.

image.thumb.png.fec2964f00525118cfa531836ab05a26.png

• Like 1

My 2p. As with any rep, in a world of ever rising 911 prices the cost to build probably had some merit depending on how well executed the build was. However we are no longer seeing rising prices so the cost to build argument no longer holds water. Some will be great cars no doubt but when the original can be purchased for 50-100% more then I don't see value. Long gone are the days when throwing money at a project meant getting it all back come sale time.

I must say I struggle with hype afforded with anything with 3.8 in the title. Real world these motors are just a 4% capacity increase over a 3.6. Not a lot, and likely within the operation differences found between engines of identical spec.  Add in many other factors like heads, camshafts, hydraulic vs manual lifters etc and you can see why figures can be so varied. That's before we get talking about dynos!

12 hours ago, ras62 said:

My 2p. As with any rep, in a world of ever rising 911 prices the cost to build probably had some merit depending on how well executed the build was. However we are no longer seeing rising prices so the cost to build argument no longer holds water. Some will be great cars no doubt but when the original can be purchased for 50-100% more then I don't see value. Long gone are the days when throwing money at a project meant getting it all back come sale time.

I must say I struggle with hype afforded with anything with 3.8 in the title. Real world these motors are just a 4% capacity increase over a 3.6. Not a lot, and likely within the operation differences found between engines of identical spec.  Add in many other factors like heads, camshafts, hydraulic vs manual lifters etc and you can see why figures can be so varied. That's before we get talking about dynos!

Hope to soon see what the 3.8 “hype” is all about. I’ll let you know