Yesterday was a very sad day...Farewell to a good friend

Jay Man

Well yesterday I finally bid farewell to my trusty 3.2.

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1985-porsche-911-carrera-32-sport-1

After 10 years of ownership and many adventures it was time to cut the chord and let her go to a new owner......its still an odd feeling though, still once I took the number off it didn't look like mine any more.

Very sad to see her go but I still have the 996 and the Panamera and I'm hoping I can broaden my horizons......outside the Porsche brand perhaps!

I can't seem to post any photos...I think this is due to me not being a paid member.

I have some spares I have collected over the years so I will be posting them up shortly. One of them is a genuine flat lid and grille.

One thing is for sure, my experience wouldn't have been as good without the support of this magnificent forum. If I was still an owner I would absolutely become a paid supporter.

Thanks all.

Edited by Jay Man
  • Like 1

Looks like a good honest car, looks like whoever bought it got a bit of a bargain. I’m sure you’ll miss it.

Just now, GrahamTompkins said:

Seems to be a good honest car, looks like whoever bought it got a bit of a bargain. I’m sure you’ll miss it.

2 hours ago, Nige said:

Hope it went for more than £34k!

Nope that was the selling price 😞

2 hours ago, GrahamTompkins said:

Looks like a good honest car, looks like whoever bought it got a bit of a bargain. I’m sure you’ll miss it.

I will for sure.

Mine went in exactly the same way a month ago - also on Collecting Cars. Also after 10 years of ownership. She now resides in Malta! Brilliant car but the time was right for a change. Like Jay Man, I also have a newer 911, so still count myself to be a very lucky chap!!!

2 hours ago, Planty said:

Mine went in exactly the same way a month ago - also on Collecting Cars. Also after 10 years of ownership. She now resides in Malta! Brilliant car but the time was right for a change. Like Jay Man, I also have a newer 911, so still count myself to be a very lucky chap!!!

Thanks for your advice Planty, your advice about the reserve pricing played out exactly as expected. I did agree to lower it slightly at the end but it ended pretty close to my £35k reserve. I think in retrospect I should have had a go at privately advertising first, but I still got close to 5 times more than I paid for it back in 2010!