how much a car was new when you were born

Same here, I doubt dad remembers either but I picked up my 1st from hospital in an E34, think mum & daughter enjoyed the ride home as Mrs was smiling & baby daughter was sleep the whole way lol

Like that read 🙂

Dad was driving a red Austin 1100 when I was born, only know this from the photographs from the time. It was written off not long after following an altercation with a tanker that was taking the racing line through an 'S' bend on the lane between the farm where Dad worked, and home. 

I came home in a family friends MGBGT since neither my mum or dad drove! It wasn’t until 1977 when we got our first family car. A white 1100 Allegro with quarter steering wheel and blue vinyl roof. 
My first daughter came home in a Leon Cupra R with a soggy passenger seat from where the wife’s waters had broken on the way to the hospital! 

My Mum had weird ‘foreign’ cars.   Earliest memory is a Renault 16 in about ‘74, then a Datsun Cherry ‘77, a Suzuki van about ‘80 (the little tiny one), later a bunch of Volvo Estate cars 

My parents bought an Austin 1100 Mk2, Super-de-Luxe in 1968 for £696 and traded in their Triumph Herald Estate for £425 - I was 2 years old!

I found the original purchase invoice when clearing out their house

20200416_111012.jpg