New clutch mc = slight travel at top of pedal

Hello, I had a new clutch mc fitted and there is about a half inch to an inch of travel at the top before it firms up when depressing the pedal. The car changes gear perfectly and the biting point is spot on. The clutch mc was bought from my local OPC. Can anyone point out what I need to check please? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Just to answer my own question I’ve done some research and now I know where it sits. Thanks for the info longman. So in summary bleed first and if that does not fix it get a new clutch slave mc. Ok will get this done along with the service, valve job and new cv joint. Labour of love continues....

A suggestion:

Leaving the slave connected to the hydraulic system, remove it from the gearbox.

Invert it so that the bleed nipple is uppermost and bleed it in this position.

It's a pain but doable if you're patient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

A suggestion:

Leaving the slave connected to the hydraulic system, remove it from the gearbox.

Invert it so that the bleed nipple is uppermost and bleed it in this position.

It's a pain but doable if you're patient.

Partial drop of the gear box end of the engine makes getting at the slave cylinder a little easier. 

ok your free travel could be that your master cylinder-shaft bushing at the pedal cluster, is worn out ..i think there was some repair kit for the  place where the pin of the pedal  goes.

Remove the floor board and inspect it...

Ivan

here where the pin number 2 goes the end of the shaft from master cylinder

2148_359_618-brake-clutch-pedal-cluster-