On Monday I noticed my rear tyre was flat :o, I must have picked up the nail when cleaning the car post SW300.

Anyway as an interim measure I had it repaired so I can still use the car until I source some replacement tyres which maybe a while as the availability of 245/45/16 is really poor at the moment - I may go 225/50/16 which others have done on here.

Although I have repaired many tyres in the past with no issues, my question is how safe is the repair on our performance cars and should I keep the speed down below X mph.

Nail.JPG

If you want to get it repaired then repair it. Reputable tyre shop won't do it unless it's safe to do so.

fix it and drive it for a while no issues in speed..you cannot in England;-))))))) other than this Conti pro make the 245/45/16 .Plus it is winter coming up so i would worry about tires in spring

Ivan

i do have conti sport and i love them....how they feel on the road

• Like 1
2 hours ago, proporsche said:

fix it and drive it for a while no issues in speed..you cannot in England;-))))))) other than this Conti pro make the 245/45/16 .Plus it is winter coming up so i would worry about tires in spring

i do have conti sport and i love them....how they feel on the road

Exactly the plan, Conti's have been very good and its what Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity put on my car!