L90 Alp trip 2020

So this trip which happens annually was on and off more often than I can remember in its planning phase due to the dreaded covid. 

Lucky enough a few of us committed to the trip last minute and we scored incredible weather with mostly dry alpine routes . The snow in the background was residual from the previous weekend so we were very lucky to catch the weather last week in September. 

Didn't have an in for the trip as it's still in build but the 68 proved a very capable car in the mountains.

Hadto throw some money at it to get it ready but it was worth it .

Also a lot more comfortable on the French motorways. We did split the trip up using the famed d996 on our way from Calais to Grenoble. What a road that is.

8 minutes ago, Richard Bernau said:

Nice one - glad you picked the weather.  I thought I managed to pick the last weather window before the snow arrived.

What was the route you took?

Think we caught the fortnight after your trip RB. We were lucky there was heavy snow the weekend prior to arriving. Calais - Grenoble. Grenoble - megeve. We did petit St Bernard , galibier, col de iseran , bourg st Maurice and a bunch of others. Based ourselves in Megeve and we joined by others from Europe. 

Was epic and different as it was so late in the year . We came back via Rheims and had a night there as well as stop over at the old race circuit.

Good crowd of guys committed to driving and a good craik too. Was one of the best I've done.

D