Beaky in Limbo

Beaky

23 minutes ago, Ian Comerford said:

Should we try a bit of self help, organise some joint Skype (other media available...).  Once a week or fortnight get together for 30-45mins online, talk crap (no Covid/Brexit/economy).  Anyone interested?

Could we not drive somewhere for some outdoor coffee and cake, or a bag of chips. We can still retain social distancing and talk crap.

Otherwise a social call on Zoom, Teams etc sounds like a good idea

Edited by Beaky

It's all getting a bit dull. Highlight of the week is the IB passing it's MoT today. At least that was an excuse to drive the thing. I'm a 911 newbie[mainly play with prewar stuff] but try to find reasons to drive the Porsche as much as possible. Don't seem to be many IBers in the NE of England , though.

Jon

Limbo land exactly Xris , driving around multiple customers to fix stuff with all the req ppe when others are not is getting a bit old . 
 I live in Essex which is currently tier 2 so can meet up to 6 outside ..would love an IBers and splitters meet somewhere safe ..

39 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

How about........

Caffeine and Machine

Air Cooled Appreciation Society evening next Weds, 28 Oct 5pm to 10pm, £7.50 per car 

Stratford Upon Avon is only up the road, could get a bag a chip there

Since we are all geographically spread around the realm, how about localised COVID compliant meetings.

This is doable, but do we need to book in advance?

Edited by Beaky

9 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

Should we try a bit of self help, organise some joint Skype (other media available...).  Once a week or fortnight get together for 30-45mins online, talk crap (no Covid/Brexit/economy).  Anyone interested?

Good idea Ian. 

I am a member of the BNi networking 'group' and we successfully use Zoom to replace our weekly chapter meetings. 

It's far from an adequate replacement to an actual meeting but it's better than nothing.

8 hours ago, World Citizen said:

How about........

Caffeine and Machine

Air Cooled Appreciation Society evening next Weds, 28 Oct 5pm to 10pm, £7.50 per car 

Stratford Upon Avon is only up the road, could get a bag a chip there

Sounds great!

19 minutes ago, Beaky said:

Shall we book the 28th, drive up in any car if weather isn't good

Not for me I'm afraid , after driving all day long I don't fancy doing another 260miles ..grump grump :angry: .

Have fun if you go..

3 minutes ago, longman said:

Not for me I'm afraid , after driving all day long I don't fancy doing another 260miles ..grump grump :angry: .

Have fun if you go..

we could Zoom you in on the chat, not sure how Zoom works but I'm sure someone could workout a way

• Like 1

11 hours ago, longman said:

Limbo land exactly Xris , driving around multiple customers to fix stuff with all the req ppe when others are not is getting a bit old . 
 I live in Essex which is currently tier 2 so can meet up to 6 outside ..would love an IBers and splitters meet somewhere safe ..

As a fellow Essexist, now my car is running again, I'd be interested in a meet outside somewhere, even standing in a car park chatting over a tea/coffee would be a welcome break.

Like many on here, I have my moments when cabin fever sets in.  I knew full time working from home wouldn't be for me, and this Covid palaver has confirmed it.  I doubt I'll be back in the office until around March, so that will be a year of doing this.  I don't want to whine too much, because I know I am very fortunate.  I am still getting paid, I have a degree of flexibility, have a study at home, other people around and the good weather made it easier.  Many people in much worse positions and as winter arrives, I expect it won't make their lives any better.

If I had to work from home 1-2 days a week, I could probably do that.  Ending on a positive, one bit that has been good is the better work-life balance, like yesterday spending 45 minutes of my lunch doing a couple of small jobs on the car rather than dealing with the massed hordes in London hunting for a sandwich and scurrying back to my desk.       

The Kent/Essex border is good. Is there a big Costa nearby with a car park etc.

I've started going back into work more mainly because I don't want to heat the house just for me (noon COVID affected 1st world problems - I'll get my coat....).

I'm not sure how long people are going to be willing to queue in the rain and cold for their weekly shop though.

1 hour ago, Phill said:

The Kent/Essex border is good.

Problem is that the boarder will always be a bit damp... it's the middle of the Thames ;)

I'm interested in a meeting if we can come up with a suitable location.

Mark

Thankfully no one has stopped us from going out for a walk or digging the garden or getting the builders in.

I am finding loads to get on with regardless of what the latest trend of doom says and enjoying all of life, big things and small 👍🏻

2020 has been a time to embrace the challenges presented and see what you can come up with in response. Every downturn is an opportunity and I have really felt that this year. What can you do to end the year on a high? Go for it! 👍🏻

• Like 2

• johndglynn changed the title to Beaky in Limbo

Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to find a suitable outdoor venue (with cover would be good) that serves refreshments and can cater to a few of us odd ball IB owners............................... 

This thread will self..................................................

On 20/10/2020 at 19:52, Chris_911 said:

Not ashamed to say I am really starting to struggle...

I have struggled for much of lockdown. I really miss the interaction I get when working with teams in our factories, especially as my social network is exceedingly small. Virtual contact is not really a substitute.

• Like 1