Late in the year BUT...

SurlySurdi

Brands Hatch have a full open pit lane track day on December 8th for £119. If the lockdown is extended they will shift the date back to 2021. For me I'm not worried about it being moved I'm more concerned with the weather. I've been to Silverstone in mid-November and that was damp but fun - I only spun once!

yeah we've done a load of December track days at Brands, we used to do a xmas special where we all retired to a local pub in Farningham afterwards for a well earned pint and grub. That was back in the fun days when lots of us did track days :(

There has been frost on the track in the mornings on occasion but it soon burns off while you munch a bacon buttie  :)

Might have joined you but with my work still hit and miss my car is sorn'd and Mot-less at present :( i keep staring at it forlornly in the garage and eager to take it for a blast. :cry:

1 hour ago, Lesworth said:

I have plenty of fun with my car when its not on a track :steering: :)

I think (hope) we all do, point is the freedom of driving on track without worrying about losing your license cannot be replicated on public roads, even more so in the 35 years I’ve been driving.

Point is, just because not all of us do track days it doesn't mean there is less fun. I just get a little cranky when I read things like that because we all come to and use these cars in different ways for very different reasons, all of which are valid and fun to the owner.

I’m not sure where you are coming from? No one has said you can’t have fun on the road, and no one has made a road vs track comparison in terms of having fun.

My point is that with the way the roads are nowadays driving these cars as they are meant to be driven and can be driven is more suited to the track especially considering how easy it is to get points and lose your license.

15 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

I agree with you :)

I was objecting to Marks statement that the fun days had gone since 'not all of us did track days any more'. Not trying to start debates or arguments so will crawl back under my stone.

LOL I agree with you in that case! I'll get my coat....

having a bad hair day Les? :D  I meant the fun of a group of IB-ers all hitting the track like the old days, not fun in general with these cars. I have almost as much of a hoot with roadtrips but a different kettle of fish. Even better when the two can be combined ...Spa 2010 anyone :cool: 

3 minutes ago, MarkJ said:

having a bad hair day Les? :D  I meant the fun of a group of IB-ers all hitting the track like the old days, not fun in general with these cars. I have almost as much of a hoot with roadtrips but a different kettle of fish. Even better when the two can be combined ...Spa 2010 anyone :cool: 

Just being a grumps - only two days in to lockdown as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught up with Goldtrack Calum the other day. He was saying Silverstone had been cancelling trackdays all year, just cancelled another one in December as clashed with the Lapland thing they are doing.

I do think we should do another day sometime - not just IBs but whatever you want to bring. I might bring my Z4 out for the craic. I can probably get us a deal with Goldtrack somewhere sensible. They are listing their 2021 days soon. Just waiting to hear from Silverstone.