Removing paint from factory Fuchs 7 & 8s

proporsche

With the help from you boys from your big independent Island of United Kingdom..who directed me to this product.

It is so easy the paint just peels off the rim,i love it.Ofcourse it take a little cleaning afterwards but i do love the final result.I am thinking leaving it just palin no paint..Since my other 8th and 9th are completely black.Half a year black anthe other shiny alu look.

It is Synstrip liquid and it works amazingly...

http://img.pccreation.net/photos/202010281615397932.JPG

http://img.pccreation.net/photos/202010281613552786.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as Foxy said ,this product which i managed to smuggler to Czech is amazing .It works very well and no trace of anything on the alu at all..Here is a company who would do it for me and they wanted 120 euro for each wheel thiefs i say.....i would post a video but i cannot ..it just peel like an orange from the rim..

Ivan

Fox, yes the paint i am taking of is factory paint....just to clarify  it

Nige...you were correct on the 3 rims i was able to remove the paint but the last one no way...there was an address here which i cannot find of a company ,they do the renovation of the fuchs would you give it to me 

thanx

Ivan

ok boys..i need to pick your brains .I have a dilema now.My 3 rims came out as you can see above,but the 4th rims gave very hard time to clean the paint so unfortunately(maybe not( it came out now with the anodising on the rim.So, the question now is how do you like rims all polished like on thsi picture.I know there would be no protection and sometimes it has to be rubbed.But i will not drive in salt and it will be my 2nd set of rims.

Question number 2 if i decided to sell will there be a problem rims being polished for the value?

I kinda like the look of it.I will also add to the look of the 911 sugar sccops headlight rims polished and muffler tip chrome.

It might look cool i think..

So give me your thought about it.

Thanx..

here is how it will look like

http://img.pccreation.net/photos/202011111657541875.JPG

Edited by proporsche

Personally I like the 'naked' look of the wheels, but retaining the anodising. Polished to me looks like a VW Karman Ghia show car thing.... Wonder why 3 worked so well and 4th lost it's anodising? Synstrip does loose it's power over time but over years not days. Perhaps re-anodise the 4th?

Value? No idea.....

Chris.

ok how do i redo the anodising is the question?? those boys in exel do that you think?

Yup it was very strange for the hell i could not remove the paint and after (my elbow is almost gone) it came of with the anodising stuff..but most likely i f..d up my self i had to use el.spin hand machine with scotch brite disc and that way  i signed myself into the trouble;-)))) on top it i made pits on the rim..i know i am an idiot ..just the mechanic

Ivan, I'm sure they'll be an anodizing company where you are, doesn't have to be a wheel company just a metal finishing/coating company, shouldn't be too expensive either

Doubt you'll match the anodizing so you may want to do all 4, just make sure they all have the same surface roughness as the anodizing won't hide if one wheel is is slightly rough and the other smooth

Its a shame to take the anodising off such good wheels but if you want 4 the same thats your only option! They will dull a bit over the weeks from the super bright chrome look they have when newly polished. Easy enough to clean and polish every week though, just dont leave them too long with brake dust on them

I suspect the 4th wheel has been refurbed before, it is a Genuine wheel? Maybe it was power coat?

Exel dont do anodising, surely you must be able to get that done in CR?

matt here in CZ they do not know the word anodising..that is the problem....

Yes it was very weird the paint did want to come off  but also i am the idiot using the machine i have to admit;-)

I do some search about the ano 

thanx

Ivan

If you find somebody over there, take one of the other wheels and see if they can match it. Even if they have 2 or 3 tries, easier than stripping and re-anodising all 4.

Good luck! Chris.

nice work W.citizen;-) i will give them a call manana thanx a lot

looks like this the 4th one

http://img.pccreation.net/photos/202011111833002725.JPG

yes it would be actually shame to polish them, you are right boys..they are well sought after rims and inside they look like new no mileage on them at all

thanx again for the address

Ivan

Edited by proporsche

You will need to have the anodising removed completely from that wheel , then polished  then re anodised .  You can strip the anodising  yourself then   take to a polisher  then to an anodiser . You could try just the one and see if it matches or strip and polish a pair to match on one side of car .  

Scotchbright on machine ! Ivan 

Edited by Henry

I'm not sure the centres were ever anodised? Looks like you have messed up the centre but the lip and angled section look OK in that photo, anodising intact. If that is so then a metal finishing company should be able to bring the centre of No.4 to look like 1-3.  

Or you could just paint the centres of all 4! 

The wheels were fully anodised , fully dipped , if they look duller in the centres its because polishing wasn't  easy and needed and provided key for paint .  So it looks like you have just removed anodising from the petal faces so you could repaint petals ?  but if you want as the other three you will need to remove anodising and polish entire wheel then re anodise . For anodising to look good you have to have a highly polished surface as the anodising shows any faults and dulls the finish . 

This was one of my wheels prior to anodising super blingy   

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/henrystokes/HENRY-PC/wheels%20battery/SAM_3074_zpsdip33pyp.jpg

Edited by Henry

i know i could paint it but i wanted to have a different looks then most of thew 911 around.Mind you i have on my 911 8th and 9yh all black so i`m thinking some 1/2 changes;-) i contact matching center piece.

Henry ..the only rim where i have removed the anodising is the 4th rim on the last picture,the other still have it on just not paint any longer

Henry don`t remind me scotch brite wheel..it was

if i start polishing the rims which asi about 500 euros for all 4 of them then anodising the value of the rims will go through the roof;-)

That is what i have think of too;-)