cleaning paint from factory Fuchs 7&8th

i knew it more question.

If i have the one rims glass blasted and the others not will it show after the are anodised again? the left on last pick is just paint off and right blasted

Or do i have to glass blasted the other 3 rims before sending it out for anodising?

Yes i keep it for now just one shade;-)

thank you

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.mesitgalvanica.cz/en/galvanizace  

Careful; there’s still time!  😉😉🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, proporsche said:

i knew it more question.

If i have the one rims glass blasted and the others not will it show after the are anodised again? the left on last pick is just paint off and right blasted

Or do i have to glass blasted the other 3 rims before sending it out for anodising?

Yes i keep it for now just one shade;-)

thank you

questions are good 👍

for one shade glass blast all over, you'll see a difference between glass blast and no glass blast after anodising as the surface roughness will be different

if you want all rims to look the same you need to do the same thing, in the same order on each wheel

Just remember to achieve a bright anodised finish like originals the metal finish must be perfectly polished before anodising otherwise expect a matt finish . Which may or may not be what you want ,  hope it goes well ..

thanx so here we go again;-) dilemma what to do...about the finish look.Lets say i have them all glass blasted in the center then going for anodising, the shiny outside rims will stay after taking the original anodising off and after anodising done to it again ?

Sorry Ivan , I am no expert but I have been through the process with wheels and door trims . What I know is to ensure all wheels are the same they will all need the same prep to guarantee  all four the same . In your case that means blasting all wheel centres if that's the look you want .   Just check with the anodising company that they can do the finish your expecting and ask them what condition they want the wheels to arrive  are they expecting them to be polished ? or are they happy they have a process to get the desired result .   As far as I am aware they will need to be polished where you want it shiny . Hope that makes sense .  

thanx Henry..i am going to do that..blast the rest of the rims and then send it to the company for finishing anodising..Just one interesting thing i have just found out.

I put the rims on the scale and to my surprise the 8th are only 7 kilo;-) that is cool 951 it is ..since i think it is from 944 turbo ..

the front is 6,4 and the rear 7 kg

here is the chart

6 * 36 * 911.361.020.43 = 7.7 kgs
6 * 36 * 911.362.113.00 = 7.7 kgs
7 * 23 * 951.362.115.00 = 6.4 kgs
7 * 23 * 911.362.115.00 = 6.4 kgs
7 * 23 * 911.361.020.44 = 6.4 kgs
8 * 11 * 911.362.117.00 = 8.6 kgs
8 * 11 * 911.361.020.45 = 8.6 kgs
8 * 23 * 951.362.117.00 = 7.0 kgs
9 * 15 * 911.361.012.05 = 7.5 kgs

just double checked ..those rims are actually like new no scratches on sides at all but ..there are no 951 the number on them is 911 361 020 45//which would make it 3rd from the bottom on the chart..but...they have only  7 kilos exactly to the grams..how strange is this??what are the other number AS 10 62 i do not know,do you?

I believe the AS1062 is a material code. It shows up in a lot of alloy wheel part number searches.

Read  somewhere AS is Aluminium Silicate but have no proof of this.