And you may ask yourself... (Cayman GT4)

EJH911

Another 159 miles done yesterday.  Opinion holds firm...but still many, many miles to do before I'll be able to comment properly.

3 hours ago, Busybee said:

Oh dear - I seem to be following the American advice of, "Do yourself a favor (sic) and order your GT4 in red or yellow."  After trying for PTS, my colour choice was between red or yellow; always thought I would have chosen yellow but red / gold just swayed me.

I went black. Well you know cause it never shows up the dirt! 😂 Fun day in Wales followed by several hours washing. Will I ever learn about black cars. I’m at 1400 miles now 

4C0ACB43-1DF1-401C-AE62-454D127ED183.jpeg

4AD5C914-7B39-423A-A732-E5C73D6E3D64.jpeg

Edited by Busybee

I have had too many black cars (not that many cars...but always at least one black car for the last couple of decades).

If I could have ordered that interior (which looks superb), I would have probably ordered another one, too!

It’s a blessing and a curse. Totally love the colour for the 10 minutes it’s clean but easily the colour that gets dirtiest the quickest. The red/black interior is something I love. Spyder heritage pack I think they all it. Just feels a special place to be. 

D4ECC63D-DD46-409C-8F17-2A380F84516C.jpeg

7C93F0D2-F7E3-4EA3-9917-EB8514E522D3.jpeg

310BDE33-AF14-44FE-A80C-BEA3CF8F9C3C.jpeg

Edited by Busybee
  • Like 1

That looks fantastic!

You also have my favourite seats (offered in MY20 Spyders but not in GT4s) which are much, much comfier than the stupid fixed buckets (shoulder things where my shoulder blades are) and which can be had heated...which is quite desirable on an open car!

1 hour ago, EJH911 said:

That looks fantastic!

You also have my favourite seats (offered in MY20 Spyders but not in GT4s) which are much, much comfier than the stupid fixed buckets (shoulder things where my shoulder blades are) and which can be had heated...which is quite desirable on an open car!

Thanks. Yup, love the seats. Heated. Along with a heated steering wheel. It’s lovely on a crisp cold day. Those seats are no longer available apparently. No idea why. Leaves no heated bucket seat option. Quite rare I’ve been told. 
How many miles are you up to? 

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

How many miles are you up to? 

374 now; no more for a couple of weeks as having surgery on my finger next week and consultant has forbidden me from driving until then.

Have you fitted a battery conditioner to your Spyder...and, if so, did you go for batter -ve or car -ve?

8 minutes ago, EJH911 said:

374 now; no more for a couple of weeks as having surgery on my finger next week and consultant has forbidden me from driving until then.

Have you fitted a battery conditioner to your Spyder...and, if so, did you go for batter -ve or car -ve?

Ahh here’s to a speedy recovery.

I haven’t fitted a conditioner yet. Think it’s battery +ve and negative on the post to the side of the battery under the frunk hinge on the left hand side looking in. Section in the manual. If you’re stuck, shout and I’ll dig it out. Lots seem to charge from the cigarette lighter 

I'll have a look at the book and the car at the same time (looked at both, separately) and think it's different to the 4 pots under there, too.  A job for the weekend!

Edited by EJH911

14 minutes ago, Busybee said:

I can’t stop polishing the flipping thing 

Oh.  I haven't even washed mine yet...  (but I have bought a selection of new wheel brushes - it was time I replaced the old ones...and none of them were long enough for the rear wheels).

Need to decide if I'm waxing (R222) this car or GTechniq'ing.  Decisions...

4 minutes ago, EJH911 said:Need to decide if I'm waxing (R222) this car or GTechniq'ing.  Decisions...

Go ceramic. Much easier to keep clean thereafter. Drop it off to me before your op and pick up after ceramic coated 😜 

• johndglynn changed the title to And you may ask yourself... (Cayman GT4)