Value in the Porsche Market

Hi All

I've been a long time away from all things Porsche but starting to think what if! 

When I bought my SC in 1998 it was really just an old Porsche and there were plenty about for around 10k! (its long since gone along with my 993)

I'm thinking about newer cars and wondered if the knwledge on here had any views on an equivalent car today that's a sweet spot for a future classic which has done its depreciation?

thanks 

Bruce 

11 minutes ago, Flat 6 said:

Depends what kind of experience you are after.

Boxster

TVR Tuscan 

Honda s2000

Al.

Al...good point,  hopefully this narrosws it down a bit, water cooled 996 or 997, possibly a 991,  rear wheel drive only, coupe or maybe a targa

I don't follow values on newer stuff but I'd have thought a Gen2 996 Carrera 2S Coupe with IMS sorted would be a very safe investment?

A tweaked MX5 (BBR for power and suspension as an example) is a lot of fun, very agile and communicative, cheap to buy and maintain.

6 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Think I would go for a Toyota GT86, no Porsche tax, lots of potential for improving and from what I can read heaps of fun

Missed the bit about it being a Porsche 🙄 a Boxster or Cayman 3.4S would be a lot of fun for the money

#RB

21 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Missed the bit about it being a Porsche 🙄 a Boxster or Cayman 3.4S would be a lot of fun for the money

#RB

Ops I missed that too, Gen1 Boxster (with IMS upgrade) or Gen 2 DFI engine for those sunny days, Cayman R for the coupe - the latter due to low production numbers is already rare and I can only see that (its also a bloody good car) going up in value. 

Edited by Beaky
8 hours ago, Beaky said:

A tweaked MX5 (BBR for power and suspension as an example) is a lot of fun, very agile and communicative, cheap to buy and maintain.

Beaky, you seem to have a bit of an obsession about these. Why don't you just buy one?

13 hours ago, njpcarrera32 said:

Beaky, you seem to have a bit of an obsession about these. Why don't you just buy one?

I have two, one for my daughter, the other one I’ve modded. 👍

Edited by Beaky
  • Like 1