Targa top - photo required please

PeterK

Currently restoring my '79 SC targa and just looking at the fitting of seals.

I've have already realised that the metal tube that the targa top pins slide into is not a permanent fixture if you get your tub heat stripped 😢.  So, 2 new silent blocs at £100+ each, plus assorted seals later .....

Can someone take a photo of the corner on the targa hoop where the pins fit please.

From the parts diagrams I understand that there is the silentbloc (fitted from the rear) and a gasket / seal that goes on the forward face, I am assuming under the seal that goes around the frame.  The frame seal (from the top of the door, up and across the top and down the other side to the top of the other door) has a hole for the pin to pass through in the top corner and 2 small holes either side.  Is there anything on the outside of the frame seal, or is it just 2 self tapping screws to ensure that the frame seal doesn't come away when the targa top is removed ?

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty please ....

For the avoidance of doubt & confusion, what I'm trying to discover is what interior trim finishings (if any) are used on the weatherproof seal where it covers the top left corner of the targa hoop.1648332779_Targahoopframe.thumb.jpeg.f66f527b1a2af8acc819e7ae7092e040.jpeg

I believe that the hole in the centre of the hoop has a small cover plate, item 54 in the parts diagram attached, with part 53 being welding in place and block 49 screwed in behind.

1556007493_Targahoppframe.thumb.jpg.c543150e6ae5d92a247ef57c6f8a8026.jpg

Anyone help please ......

Edited by PeterK

Thanks for that.  I have the new silentblocs fitted now and new thin rubber seals ready to go on.

Was there anything on the outside of the channel seal ?

Sorry BigG, was there a plate or something over the top of the channel seal / weatherstrip ?

Over the pin ’receiver’ in the centre of the targa hoop there is a small plate shown on the Parts diagram.  I can’t see anything for the two outer corners, although there are holes in the channel seal and in the channel seal itself (also visible in your photo) for two self-tapping screws.  It seems unlikely that there are not some sort of cover plates for here also.

Peter

Edited by PeterK