Bicester Scramble Jan 10th 2021

Chris_911

I went to Bicester a couple years back which was a PCGB organised meet. It was January, it was freezing bloody cold with a demonic Easterly wind blasting across the airfield. Some folks came in Boxters, sad,  with can you believe, the top down, very sad  Because we got there at early o'clock we got parked up in the big hangar, right next to the PCGB half a  356 coffee machine. Result! But what was best was that we went there in the wife's Cayenne so after looking at a few cars we could sneak back into the truck fire up the motor and set the heater on high for a quarter hour or so. I really can't deal with the cold so I'm going to wait for a Summer Bicester with hopefully a better situation regarding the virus.

DSCN1758.JPG

7 hours ago, Lesworth said:

Just cant be bothered, had too many things booked or organised this year that ultimately got cancelled. I'd prefer to wait to avoid any more disappointment.

+1

Mark

Have two passes for the Sunday 10th if anyone is looking for a pair.
Our welsh politicians have decided we are back on lockdown from 28th December and there’s not much chance of that being lifted in time for this. 

1 hour ago, Busybee said:

Have two passes for the Sunday 10th if anyone is looking for a pair.
Our welsh politicians have decided we are back on lockdown from 28th December and there’s not much chance of that being lifted in time for this. 

Get back on your naughty step Haith, your neighbor Herefordshire is now Tier 1, what are you guys doing over there? 

10 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Get back on your naughty step Haith, your neighbor Herefordshire is now Tier 1, what are you guys doing over there? 

Flipping South Walians Stephen. Merthyr has hit over 700 infections per 100k. Cardiff has seen a huge surge. It’s become very prevalent here. We’re better up here in mid Wales but people just don’t seem to take it too seriously. 

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

It's all rubbish ☹️ 

If this how we need to live, I'm seriously thinking of locking myself in my man cave and venturing out again next summer all fully jabbed up

Good plan . Did you watch the panorama documentary about the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine the other day? Vaccine was designed on a laptop over a weekend. That’s confidence instilling 😂

On 18/12/2020 at 23:38, Busybee said:

Did you watch the panorama documentary about the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine the other day? Vaccine was designed on a laptop over a weekend.

Only because the prep work had been going on for years before. Once they had the genome sequencing they were able to tweak from the baseline they'd got accordingly.

On 19/12/2020 at 19:26, mean in green said:

As will the rest of us be by then!

Quite likely. But best to take everything one day at a time, and be thankful for the things we do have, rather than stressing about the things we don't have, or can't do anymore.

1 hour ago, Ian Comerford said:

Looks like this is now postponed until late April and our tickets are valid for the rescheduled event. Bum!

Yup, let’s hope we are free to travel in April!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Ian Comerford said:

previous tickets will be honoured.  Anyone going?

So I didn't buy a ticket way back when because I didn't think it would happen.  Will there be a years worth of events backlog to get through before normal ticket sales are resumed?  If so, I'll see you in 2022.

Sadly I think the Scramble has now become a bit too main stream much like other car events that start out small and niche and have a relaxed intimate feel about them. Scramble was good the first couple of times but ........ It's now getting "expensive" at £14 a head (I'm still smarting from losing my £25 from first cancelled event). Car shows should be free, especially if you turn up in something people want to look at, having driven a long way to get there. Walking around outside in a mask doesn't do it for me either.

It's what you make it on the day I suppose though.

I hear what you're saying Phill and agree 100%, having said that I have just booked for the Sunday.  Any excuse to get out and drive at the moment, also be able catch up with some of you divs, except you Phill :(

• Haha 1

Simple Porsche is also on the 6th at Beaulieu, so I've now booked to do both - well any excuse to get out and drive.

Edited by Beaky

23 hours ago, Beaky said:

Simple Porsche is also on the 6th at Beaulieu, so I've now booked to do both - well any excuse to get out and drive.

4 hours ago, 70sThrowback said:

I booked a few days in the New Forest with the family as its school holidays, just happens to be Simply Porsche at Beaulieu on the Sunday. What a coincidence :) 

Just found out as well about Simply Porsche so may give Bicester a miss and drive down to Beaulieu instead as just like you family is going to be in New Forest, perfect timing....

• Like 1