Bicester Scramble Jan 10th 2021

Chris_911

19 hours ago, fxm911 said:

Thanks for the pics Chris (not going to put mine up as certainly not to the same standard ūüėȬ†)

I have to say that I quite enjoyed the fact that there were a lot less people there and could spend more time around cars which were more spread out.

I think you should post your pics - the ones you have posted on Insta are fab!

I was part of the media team for Supercar Fest a week or so ago and that had the attraction of cars running as fast as they dared on the runway.

If it had been 'cars in a field' it would have been an entirely forgettable event.

My Bicester highlight was just happening to be by the 3 GT40s when they all fired up in unison and revved the nuts off them . Got a fab round of applause. Electric GT40 anyone??

BTW Supercar Fest will be at Shelsley on August 29th - cars running up the hill. Could get expensive real quick...

19 hours ago, fxm911 said:

Thanks for the pics Chris (not going to put mine up as certainly not to the same standard ūüėȬ†)

I have to say that I quite enjoyed the fact that there were a lot less people there and could spend more time around cars which were more spread out.

17 hours ago, strosek34 said:

I thought atmosphere at Bicester was very flat to be honest,  nicer that there we're less people but all in all disappointing.

Le Mans Classic is the best place,  Silverstone Classic is good as well.

Highlight of Bicester was seeing Northy (Lewis) and his dad.

Great pictures as usual Chris.

Thanks guys - was beginning to think it wasn't worth posting any pics...

understand the point about the car park. I personally enjoyed Simply Porsche as I wasn't there just for the Porsches. I went with the family and have never been before. The Beaulieu grounds are lovely, the motor musuem is really good and the kids loved seeing the Top Gear cars. However there is no way I would drive there just for the show, its a 10 hour return trip for me.

2 minutes ago, 70sThrowback said:

understand the point about the car park. I personally enjoyed Simply Porsche as I wasn't there just for the Porsches. I went with the family and have never been before. The Beaulieu grounds are lovely, the motor musuem is really good and the kids loved seeing the Top Gear cars. However there is no way I would drive there just for the show, its a 10 hour return trip for me.

Yup if you’re there then great. But surely they’d want to make it an event worth travelling for.
As with Bicester etc., a carpark full of cars was it really. I’ve been before a few years back. Nothing has changed, been added to the show in any way. In fact, less stands. 
I just think if they want to hold events, they don’t need much more to create a bit of drama/atmosphere. A few bands dotted about, some memorabilia stands, a guest speaker or two, a few iconic cars on display. But literally totally forgettable from a visitors point of view. Can’t see me going back. 

2 hours ago, Nige said:

They did have that Dad's Army troupe marching around a few years ago.

They were marching around on Sunday. I agree with the general sentiment; having been to two Bicester Scrambles I think I've seen everything and it needs something fresh to get me back again.

Posted (edited)

A few of my shots ūüėȬ†
Apologies for the heavy watermarks and overlays on the pics but one of my competitors decided to try and use some of my pics not long ago¬†on one of their social network (nothing that a well written solicitor letter could not resolve¬†promptly ūüėɬ†) so now making them harder to use.....

PAFScramble0620211.thumb.JPEG.b72c9ed1beffc4846ee7b7fb3ea495e4.JPEG

DB2C9C7B-4305-4B5B-BEDF-3415309017C3.thumb.JPEG.29319673748608a40bcfdbb24896c8a9.JPEG

PAFScramble0620212.thumb.JPEG.42f02df9086c33e773647bdb7a183f29.JPEG

PAFScramble06062110.thumb.JPEG.551915ee8403e048e66223196e19ce23.JPEG

PAFScramble0620213.thumb.JPEG.e7688d70f9aa2f4e6bfd32b99fa003a9.JPEG

PAFScramble06062148.thumb.JPEG.f2470b3badb405c9925e9077bff9289f.JPEG

1E0F3196-7E2C-41F5-915A-2439B0720478.thumb.JPEG.899b32d2cb350591762dad4ea596a8b6.JPEG

A844B3D1-BFC8-4B7E-95B6-30654D59BB44.thumb.JPEG.5af13f3c1a94fa7f61bfcfb1c3f2f576.JPEG

PAFScramble0606219.thumb.JPEG.50831ef7535dbb4d5a317c20cd05c8e4.JPEG

Edited by fxm911
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lesworth said:

Great pictures Chris and Franck :signs118:

Agree 100%, excellent photo's, you guys need to do more shows for us¬†ūüėÜ

23 hours ago, Busybee said:

Yup if you’re there then great. But surely they’d want to make it an event worth travelling for.
As with Bicester etc., a carpark full of cars was it really. I’ve been before a few years back. Nothing has changed, been added to the show in any way. In fact, less stands. 
I just think if they want to hold events, they don’t need much more to create a bit of drama/atmosphere. A few bands dotted about, some memorabilia stands, a guest speaker or two, a few iconic cars on display. But literally totally forgettable from a visitors point of view. Can’t see me going back. 

I can't disagree with you Haith. I think that there are several of these events now, so we have become somewhat accustomed to them. Once you've walked around a field of cars once doing the same again at another event loses its novelty.

Posted (edited)

Bicester for me is only about 15 miles away so its a local  , just  that , a nice drive to get there  ish  ,  just a mornings car stuff .. tickets are now quite pricy  3 times the original amount  when I first went  just owner driver   ,  car passengers are all full price and used to be free  ..   I wouldn't bother if  i wasn't  local and  probably wont for a while ...   it is undeniably a great venue but can get very samey non the less  .. Classic motor Hub I find is more enjoyable  nicer roads to get there for me personally and only a fiver but they have reduced massively there cars and coffee meets  .  

Depends what you after I guess . I  just like a morning out with car stuff  , nice driving roads roads on the way there and a few nice interesting cars to look at , owners to talk to  , and  for  me a good bacon sarnie  and coffee  not the over priced  catering vans that deliver  low on quality high on price and all about profit , you can get that at any road side layby  for cheaper . 

Edited by Henry

8 hours ago, njpcarrera32 said:

Couple more photos, I need some coaching from a professional though!

DSC_1188.JPG

DSC_1209.JPG

DSC_1222.JPG

DSC_1242.JPG

Book a 1:1 tuition session with me!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late to the party but I nipped up to this on the Saturday but not in my blue car as that is off the road right now.

Lots of interesting cars and and a nice day to wander around in. I bailed around lunch and it was busying up then but it was a good morning.

I don't suppose anyone caught the contact details of the funky car selling caricature guy did they?

RR Estate.jpg

Flicks.jpg

Air Car.jpg

Just going through a few more pics, this one was drop dead gorgeous : 

PAFScramble060621911.thumb.JPG.0c395acdcbeb7d1eb88b361201bb321a.JPG

PAFScramble0606219112.thumb.JPG.569e54447d8fef09438f509ae6f1bd84.JPG

PAFScramble0606219113.thumb.JPG.297bc81becc6b8b2d7b89e723e5acdac.JPG