The High Milers

Beaky

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, sladey said:

about 320 and I've done about 200K of those miles

Not driving it at the moment though as I now have an alpine as a daily. I miss driving it

How do you like the Alpine Mark?  

5 hours ago, sladey said:

Absolutely love it Lewis. It was great anyway but then I fitted the life110 lowered springs, spacers and geometry settings (https://life110.co.uk/)  - this made it a great car - sharpened up the steering and improved stability at speed. I can't praise it highly enough.

There are very few new cars that grab my attention enough to make me think I'd really like to buy one, this is one of them 😍

being totally objective:-

- the infotainment system isn't the best (but it works OK for me and bluetooths to my phone OK)

- the luggage space is pretty poor ( but manageable - you could fit 2 in-flight bags and 3 more soft bags)

- the stalk to control the sound system comes from renault parts bin (and???)

- it's not manual (but the auto-box in sport mode is really good - downshifts at the right point and holds onto gears appropriately - I've switched away from using the manual paddles)

On the plus side:-

- you can feel the lightness with every movement of the car

- the engine sounds great IMHO

- with the life geometry the steering is excellent

- More than enough power - fun driving at sensible speeds (but I'd probably still chip it when I get a chance because..... well why wouldn't you)

It's a Yes from me

25 minutes ago, sladey said:

Can’t see how I can do that Nige 

Can you see the paper clip icon in the bottom left when you write a post?  Just press choose files...

Untitled-1.jpg