Winter Hack

Busybee

You know what I’m gonna say 😂 Get yourself a BMW M135i, should pick up a decent old one for 10-12K . Stick a decent set of winter tyres on, suspension mod and stage 1 or 2 map.....RWD 400bhp Fun around those Welsh lanes.

i know it’s not a Porsche but at least it’s still German, and they love a good polish 

Not fun nor a sports car but very handy to have around the place and relatively cheap to pick up.

I had a ultra reliable and very practical Honda CRV (Gen2 from 2003) that did everything I asked of it in all conditions

Had it for 15 years and only stopped using it when someone drove into the back of me and wrote it off.

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

Its a bit red, isn't it? 😎

I always thought a winter hack would be something just above shed territory, not a couple of year old top spec BMW.

1 hour ago, Wingnonut said:

Welcome to my new winter hack :) 

bmw-335d-estate-ae4736566181.jpg

I had one of these as a loan car for 4 days last winter, lovely bit of kit and with 300 odd Bhp and xdrive it was good and fast, you’ll enjoy hacking that about

45 minutes ago, Nige said:

I always thought a winter hack would be something just above shed territory, not a couple of year old top spec BMW.

It was said with a hint of sarcasm 🙂

My real winter hack was a £4K Disco3 that didn’t make it through the winter (mad to think it would!) so had to bite the bullet and get something I could rely on. 

Anyone want a (currently immobile) spare or repairs Landy? 😋

On 11/01/2021 at 19:48, Jon Miller said:

This is my Winter Hack and a fine job it does too.

2002 Audi S3

50825884806_6af98f0f16_c.jpg.b5af7aff5bdf5f44beefe9e3912bb291.jpg

Perfect and great colour, always like those - how you getting on with it?

Which engine?

9 hours ago, jevvy said:

Perfect and great colour, always like those - how you getting on with it?

Which engine?

It's great, fitted a few extras such as cruise control, one touch indicators etc. It's the 225 BAM engine. Also has the Black leather / Blue Alcantara interior.

Even though it's 18 years old it feels better than a lot of newer cars, certainly better screwed together.

18 hours ago, Jon Miller said:

It's great, fitted a few extras such as cruise control, one touch indicators etc. It's the 225 BAM engine. Also has the Black leather / Blue Alcantara interior.

Even though it's 18 years old it feels better than a lot of newer cars, certainly better screwed together.

Excellent, a few toys on a car like that do make a difference. 

I have a brand new K04 Hybrid turbo for a BAM engine somewhere that I doubt I'll be using so if you want a bit more ooomph give me a shout and I'll try to find it.