Time to sell my Black/Black 1979 930

wittymoniker

Good evening folks. I’m a long term lurker here, but I’ve learned an immeasurable amount over the years. The time has come to sell my 930. 1979, delivered February ‘80. Black on black, with 69,000 miles. Originally a UK car, but now with me in Dublin. Matching chassis, engine and gearbox, original Fuchs, original glass bar the windscreen which was replaced with a heated version. Repainted two years ago, with two front wings replaced. Lakewell carpet set, new headliner, radio delete, backdate heat, stainless exhaust, Jonny’s fuse board front and rear, led exterior and gauge lights, new petrol tank, flag and cup mirrors, rs door cards, and all original parts kept and stored. 

How do I go about valuing this, and where best to sell? Here? I know my market is limited in Ireland, and brexit may not do me any favours either. Any and all advice gratefully received.

F94CAD9C-1AC7-4C38-9DE8-E0950A61D8B5.jpeg

D3FB22FE-BAD1-4FA2-8555-F7464DD294B9.jpeg

3B5072DD-6B2B-4606-95D4-7B75825AF5B1.jpeg

Edited by wittymoniker

Just my opinion but if that mileage is backed up with service history and provable, then to get the best sale price you would be best to put the car back to standard trim. Interior, bumpers, side skirts, mirrors, wheel finish etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2020 at 19:23, wittymoniker said:

Thanks Beaky. 

calling @johndglynn

You might be surprised at the Eire market and there are UK buyers who would happily to buy in Euros and store outside the UK while seeing how things pan out. Your buyer may not even be in the UK either way.

I second/third offering it as standard, original door panels and lights etc. I bought and collected a nice IB for a client in Dublin last November and it has picked up good interest here.

Not sure that £100k is realistic in this market even at under 70k miles but definitely no mods to sell.

• Thanks 1

• johndglynn changed the title to Time to sell my Black/Black 1979 930