993 Project - What would you do?

So I recently bought a 993, a Manual C2, but with high miles - nudging 200K

50796224801_b821059a41_o.thumb.jpg.632abf54177b929b277cef4132c9f034.jpg

50795476168_533b4d513e_o.thumb.jpg.ef07f5f51431bf2a6d928af0b09853a5.jpg

It's currently at a friends house and due to travel bans / quarantine etc I've not seen it yet. But by all accounts it seems to have been well maintained and is a useable car as is.

I have my own ideas but am curious to know what you guys would do with it if it were yours and you had a few quid to spend on it?

18 minutes ago, Jon Miller said:

So I recently bought a 993, a Manual C2, but with high miles - nudging 200K

50796224801_b821059a41_o.thumb.jpg.632abf54177b929b277cef4132c9f034.jpg

50795476168_533b4d513e_o.thumb.jpg.ef07f5f51431bf2a6d928af0b09853a5.jpg

It's currently at a friends house and due to travel bans / quarantine etc I've not seen it yet. But by all accounts it seems to have been well maintained and is a useable car as is.

I have my own ideas but am curious to know what you guys would do with it if it were yours and you had a few quid to spend on it?

This looks a lovely example 👍. Nice to have the saffron (?) interior with the hard back seats, with contrasting black carpeting. Nice combo. She’s just about run-in then !

Assuming all running gear wise-all ok, then visually, if it were mine, I’d source a set of Cup 2’s, bin the head unit, along with those chrome instrument bezels.  Hold a few quid back for the unexpected. 
....then I’d get out, and drive !! 

Jon, I'm impressed by the size of your testicles buying unseen. 

993 is my favourite shape, can't suggest any mods as I'm not too familiar with the makeup. 

If it were me I would check the tyre and oil pressure and enjoy it.

Flappa2

Its Cashmere Beige AKA babypoo brown, looks in good nick for 200K. Pretty bullet proof really, Im sure your will find some leaks to fix, cam covers, chain covers.

43 minutes ago, Wingnonut said:

☝️what he said👆

Except are they not Sahara seats?

Ditto, check the usuals then go play

Looks gorgeous - 

Maybe a few subtle mods, suspension, ECU mapping etc. but otherwise I'd be inclined to enjoy as is (apart from the blingy instrument bezels of course!😏)

9 minutes ago, Type911 said:

Anyhow, like you need another car Jon!

When did 'need' ever come into this hobby, can never have too many toys! I was attracted to this as it's not a low mileage "investment" so the gloves are off. Think it will need to lose a few KGs to start with....

Looks good John, I would definitely loose a few Kg and maybe go for something like a 993 Rs club sport but with a slightly less aggressive rear spoiler.

Engine wise and suspensions set up can't stay original, it would be boring. 

2 hours ago, Type911 said:

Anyhow, like you need another car Jon!

That’s a bit ‘pot kettle’ wouldn’t you say Matt 😉🤣....

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, 964LWT said:

That’s a bit ‘pot kettle’ wouldn’t you say Matt 😉🤣....

:lol:

Jon I’m sure you will come up with something really nice when completed. I love to put my own stamp on my cars so if mine I would look at removing bling, heavy sound deadening, updating suspension, lsd, remap etc......here’s the but.......keep interior and change exterior to Sepia with splits or Fuchs  colour coded! Think it would look epic with duck, rs front splits only. 

Edited by Boydyrs

I wouldn't be able to leave it alone.  Bilstein Sportstrasse (fast road) dampers, Steve Wong chip, wheels, paint, maybe subtle graphics ...

Personally, I rather like this Riviera car with its subtle 'double bubble' roof, etc:

DSC_7389r.JPG

If you're looking to sell it at any time in the near future be careful of doing anything non standard that'll be a pain to remove. 993 owners are the ultimate beard and sandal brigade....they refer to themselves as the Illuminati after all! I'm actually in a UK 993 WhatsApp group having owned one...lovely fellas, but all odd by their own admission. Guess that therefore says something about me!

9 hours ago, Boydyrs said:

Jon I’m sure you will come up with something really nice when completed. I love to put my own stamp on my cars so if mine I would look at removing bling, heavy sound deadening, updating suspension, lsd, remap etc......here’s the but.......keep interior and change exterior to Sepia with splits or Fuchs  colour coded! Think it would look epic with duck, rs front splits only. 

Sepia is definitely a marmite colour, unfortunately I'm not brave enough for that colour scheme! It could work, but equally...

I suspect it will end up as a stripped out track focused car. I like trackdays in the 964 but I also love it as a road car and fear that if I modify it any further to improve it's on track performance I will lose my love for it on the road. So perhaps the 993 is the opportunity to build something for the track.