Seat fabric cleaning 1986 3.2 Carrera

vimfeuago

Hello everyone, I’m new here so please be gentle.

I’ve got a 1986 Carrera 3.2 with black cloth interior with the word Porsche repeated across the seat. I’d like to clean them but I’m really unsure what to use. They aren’t filthy I just haven’t cleaned them in the 15 years I’ve had the car. Any suggestions? Thanks. UK.

If you want them cleaning thoroughly, I’d suggest a professional car detailer. That way, both the seats and carpets could be done using hot water extraction and won’t be left soaking wet. 
On the other hand, most car accessory shops will sell DIY upholstery shampoo that you spray on and wipe off yourself.
just don’t use anything that leaves a residue, or it’ll make them get dirty again very quickly.

Thanks for the responses.

I have an auto glym cleaning kit and a hot water wash upholstery cleaner but one seems too fierce and the other not enough. My interior is mint so I’m was interested in other people’s experiences before I start.

I've been following this site from the day I bought my car but I had a bad experience on a Volvo forum which put me off for a very long time. All I asked was “would an Amazon estate make a good daily driver?”. I got so much stick that I never went on again. Oh and it does as I still drive it now almost 13 years later!

1 hour ago, JamieB911 said:

G101 unless diluted is very strong for interiors. I would use something like maguiars all purpose cleaner, diluted 10-1 and a soft bristle brush to agitate the fabric. Then extract with a wet vac. 

You have to dilute it correctly to use it. At the right dilution it is the best interior cleaner I have ever used.

I wouldn't waste my money on anything else.

22 hours ago, vimfeuago said:

Hello everyone, I’m new here so please be gentle.

I’ve got a 1986 Carrera 3.2 with black cloth interior with the word Porsche repeated across the seat. I’d like to clean them but I’m really unsure what to use. They aren’t filthy I just haven’t cleaned them in the 15 years I’ve had the car. Any suggestions? Thanks. UK.

Welcome and great to see another Bad News fan ;)