2 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I didnt know you came into porsche world via the 944, no wonder you low over-steer-fear!

Had it for 2 yrs , sold it and 6 months later bought the IB .. currently MOT'd so still on the road..:)

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Second and current one: Age: 40 Model: 1982 SC Coupe Bought: 2009 Paid: 15k Part ex'd the Targa at Eclectic Cars in Oxfordshire (now called the project shop I think) as I want

First drive in my 3.2 that I collected on the way to work one morning.  Had a white van man up my rear for a couple of miles on a dual carriage way, I brake checked him a touch then hoofed it.  Unfort

April 2001, so I'd have been 35. I paid £6.5k for an '82 RHD SC targa with about 100,000 miles on it from a bloke in North London. It was the least rusty of a few I'd seen yet was very rusty. Brakes s

Posted Images

First one is the one I still own (although there have been four others come and gone since!)

March 2012 from a chap in Bath when I was 41 years old

£15,250

Spent ages looking at £10-£12k cars and got feed up of the problems so went all in which was well worth it.

Nearly bought a '71 2.2E coupe in 2007 but the PPI put me off.  First one a drove was a '73 2.4S with Josh Sadler when looking for said long hood.

Off on a bit of a tangent but my first ride in one was a LHD flat nose 930 with nitrous. I was 16 and me and my then girlfriend were babysitting at one of her neighbours. The friends the neighbours were out with turned up in the 930 and had to promise to take me out when they got back from their night out.  Still remember him twisting the NO2 valve prior to pulling onto the M25 slip road blinking and being in the fast lane doing about 150.  Would say that was what sold me but I had been into cars for about 14 years by then :)

Red 944 1985 with 15 Fuchs purchased 1989 for £5500 at age 27.
Replaced 6 months later by early 1986 944 turbo + £2K.

First 911 was a ‘72 2.4E bought 1992 for £7.5K

Age 38

Bought 15/08/2006

Paid 6.5K 

Current 911

Saw it on eBay, went had a look, went and had coffee and cake while seller went and bought and fitted new battery, test drive, went back next day and picked it up.

And, I've spent more on it in the last year than all the years before, added together <_<

Edited by Phill

Second and current one:

Model: 1982 SC Coupe

Bought: 2009

Paid: 15k

Part ex'd the Targa at Eclectic Cars in Oxfordshire (now called the project shop I think) as I wanted a 911 with a zingy engine and a proper mans gearbox.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1969 911T in Blood orange, bought from a work colleague as a part restored project which I then finished off. I was 21 I think, so it would have been 1991/92

'69 911T.jpg

Edited by Jon Miller
7 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

What strikes me is the price we paid back in the day compared to what you’d pay now, well, as far as 911’s are concerned!

So we're just doing this to p**s off people who have to pay ~40k to get the same car nowadays ? 🤔 :lol:

7 hours ago, SurlySurdi said:

🤔

Fred, your thread has arrived dude !!! :D

Edited by GaryH
  • Like 1

Boxster S (986) bought in 1992 when I was 27. Still think its the best driving car I have had. Owned it for about 3 years and was my daily, but children arrived. I paid £19k for it. Changed that for a 993 which I had for 2-3 years used as a daily until I got a new job which required a lot of driving. Stupidly I sold the 993 and got a new VW Scirocco (diesel) which got stolen after 6 months. By the time I got the money 993's had shot up in price and I bought a Cayenne instead as I needed a family wagon. Loved the Boxster should not have sold the 993, you live and learn.

age 37 - Black 964 C4 paid 14K in 2005

age 42 - White 911 IB paid 12.5k, sold the 964 for 17 :)

age 48 - Cayman R - still got it 5 yrs later

2.7 Boxster in 1999 when I was 25, blew my whole annual bonus on it and loved it. Midnight blue with Turbo alloys.

It was £33K from AFN in Reading and I thought I/it was wonderful. Unfortunately I was also looking at a 2.7RS Touring which was.......33k!

Doh.

• Thanks 1

Age when lost: 38

Model: 2002 Boxster S

Where purchased: Mole Valley

Amount paid: Approx £18k

Year of purchase: May 2007 (Still own it)

First Porsche I drove - loved the way it handled - didn't like the way it looked (still not sure but I think the design is aging well).  Daily Driver after a string of workhorse diesels.  Been through a fairly serious development process but still a Daily Driver: it's now fitted with a 3.7 motor, uprated brakes & drivetrain plus KW Motorsport coilovers - it's not finished yet....... Only ABS - no traction/stability electronics.  It is amusingly fast.

Was my "gateway drug" to an IB and that search turned into me taking custody of the Millennium Falcon (Tripe's 3.6 project) when he sold it a few years back - have thought about selling it but know I really just need to make time to use it.  It's a fabulous thing.

• Like 1

Age when lost: 51

Model: 1984 3.2

Where purchased: Private sale

Amount paid: £7,000

Year of purchase: May 2007 (still have it)

Mark

Edited by SilverWT

Age when Porsche cherry popped: 28

Car: 964 in baltic blue with 56k miles

Purchased: Private sale from York

Cost: £18k

Year bought: 2004

I loved that car, it was immaculate but sadly I had to sell it to buy my ex girlfriend out of the house. I sold the car back to the guy I bought it from.

DSC00035.JPG

1987 3.2 supersport cabriolet ( black with linen leather/ black piping)every option 

Purchased 1987 from Dick Lovett Swindon

Price (I think) around GBP 40k

I was 37 - company car!  

Silver 1978 SC

My age at time,  43

Private purchase in 1999 for £5500 from near High Wycombe,   had been unused for 3 years,  new nothing about 911’s ,  was’nt even looking for one but saw it advertised in local free paper and could afford it,  decided to buy it soon as I parked outside seller house.   I was lucky it all worked out ok.

Tidied it all up and traded it in 2 1/2 years later at Paul Stephens for my current 3.2 Carrera

6 hours ago, strosek34 said:

Silver 1978 SC

My age at time,  43

Private purchase in 1999 for £5500 from near High Wycombe,   had been unused for 3 years,  new nothing about 911’s ,  was’nt even looking for one but saw it advertised in local free paper and could afford it,  decided to buy it soon as I parked outside seller house.   I was lucky it all worked out ok.

Tidied it all up and traded it in 2 1/2 years later at Paul Stephens for my current 3.2 Carrera

I didn’t know you’d had an SC before Steve. 5.5k has got to be rock bottom for any 911. 

Lewis,

Yes,  it was very cheap,  the guy had rebuilt the engine with an EBS kit of parts,  black leather interior was just a bit green with mould and paintwork was faded. Test drive was about 2 miles as it had no fuel,  I got him to put an MOT on it but I think it was a hooky one to be honest.  Hand brake stuck on and it coughed and spluttered when I drove it home,  but after a lot of TLC it turned out to be a good one. 

I’ll have to try and find a picture of it.

Age 24

911 SC Coupe ( 1979 )

£11000 paid

Exchange & Mart Ad

Private purchase ( North Yorkshire ) - I lived in Surrey, so took the train armed with a Bank draft for 9k and 3 in folding. Fell in love, but still managed to Haggle a grand ! 

Aged 32.

1981 SC Coupe

Bought for £10,750 in Bury in 1999.

Best history folder of any car I've ever seen and hopefully still with it in Dublin.

Al.

3 hours ago, mean in green said:

Unless your name’s Fred.

Ha ha - indeed. Was there with Jev and Fred when the deal/robbery took place :lol: