What is this nut?

Phill

The nut on this part appears to be a j nut but without the leg, so essentially a "c" nut or half a speed nut. Anyone know what they are called? I cannot find one online for the life of me :(

91157105100-p17749-connecting-flange-pho

11 hours ago, Jonny Hart said:

Sort of a spire nut.  

Btw on that part, the fixings are more like a caged nut on SC and earlier cars. 

Yes, but not a type I can find, I think it may be a special production.

Yes, but it's a weak point (after 30 odd years admittedly) and the above design seems better.

8 hours ago, flappa2 said:

Google is your friend

Captive u-nut

Trust me, I searched! It is not your standard type of u or j nut etc. I cannot find similar at all.

27 minutes ago, Phill said:

Yes, but not a type I can find, I think it may be a special production.

Yes, but it's a weak point (after 30 odd years admittedly) and the above design seems better.

Trust me, I searched! It is not your standard type of u or j nut etc. I cannot find similar at all.

Could you modify something yourself from a stock part or even make an item. I'm not familiar with the part, what's more important the function or the original form.

4 minutes ago, PorscheApostle said:

I looked at j nuts but there isn't enough room for the long leg on the side you can't see. A short chimney but may do it.

However, it is a moot point now as I found another reason I cannot make this part. PLA won't take the constant heat passing through it during the winter. Oh well, grand plans and all that.......

7 hours ago, Jonny Hart said:

^ for reference, I have measured temperatures of just over 100 deg C inside the heater ducts.  

Wow, its amazing people don't get burnt feet 😂

What’s the most heat resistant material your printer can handle Phil ?

30 minutes ago, PeterK said:

What’s the most heat resistant material your printer can handle Phil ?

PLA is pretty much it unless I build an enclosure for ABS but even that is only really good to about 90 degrees I believe.