Industrial Epoxy Resin Flooring Cost

Wondering if anyone on here has experience of the above ...??

Looking at options for putting a poured resin coating on a clean, sealed prisitine smooth concrete floor in a brand new c20K sqft industrial unit.

Very light industrial machinery, 1 x 3 tonne max FLT in use & pallet trucks.  Products mainly soft (textile, paper etc..) few heavy metallic/sharp objects being handled.

How much £ per SQM ?     Needs to last at least 5 years    

On 29/01/2021 at 17:39, topcarrera said:

Wondering if anyone on here has experience of the above ...??

Looking at options for putting a poured resin coating on a clean, sealed prisitine smooth concrete floor in a brand new c20K sqft industrial unit.

Very light industrial machinery, 1 x 3 tonne max FLT in use & pallet trucks.  Products mainly soft (textile, paper etc..) few heavy metallic/sharp objects being handled.

How much £ per SQM ?     Needs to last at least 5 years    

Now then! I looked at various option over the past few years and finally last summer got around to having it done. Amazing finish and provides so much more light than previous. In the end I got a guy from Wales (I'm in Surrey) who was recommended to me as he does a lot of top end professional workshops. Glad I did as I had some drying cracks and so the floor was meshed beforehand to allow the floor to remain solid if there were further movements on the garage floor through settling (within reason obviously). Will find some pics, has guarantee and you can choose your colour / finish. Before and after below 35 feet x 24 feet £4k trolley jack car on surface and is fine - Oil and petrol won't  penetrate. 

1 (8).jpeg

Pork - 1 of 1.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Barty said:

Now then! I looked at various option over the past few years and finally last summer got around to having it done. Amazing finish and provides so much more light than previous. In the end I got a guy from Wales (I'm in Surrey) who was recommended to me as he does a lot of top end professional workshops. Glad I did as I had some drying cracks and so the floor was meshed beforehand to allow the floor to remain solid if there were further movements on the garage floor through settling (within reason obviously). Will find some pics, has guarantee and you can choose your colour / finish. Before and after below 35 feet x 24 feet £4k trolley jack car on surface and is fine - Oil and petrol won't  penetrate. 

1 (8).jpeg

Pork - 1 of 1.jpeg

That’s a great looking garage. And huge! About twice the size of an average double. But 4K for a resin floor. Yikes. 

15 hours ago, Phill said:

Nice.

Does that pit go up and down?

Unfortunately not, I built the pit for a Bendpak lift. Following the cost of the Garage I had to wait 5 years to be in a position to the interior. By which time the Bendpak was discontinued and given its a small bespoke recess all others I have contacted to date are too large to recess in the pit. Unlucky Alf - Bugger!! Did toy with infilling before flooring, but one day someone may come up with a small option.

10 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Love it!

Good job on building the far wall to fit the cabinets 👍

If you look to the left you will see an in-fill panel - so can't take credit for that aforethought on design.

15 hours ago, Type911 said:

Its a foot spa dumbkoff

I can and have had a lay down in the pit to view and tinker on the underneath, works quite well as a 'chilax pit'

13 hours ago, Busybee said:

That’s a great looking garage. And huge! About twice the size of an average double. But 4K for a resin floor. Yikes. 

In thirty years of various garage / barn ownership, they have all been dumping grounds and yuk. So I decided to wait until I could do the garage I wanted I use it most days and enjoy being in it.

4 hours ago, Chris_911 said:

Wow - I have garage envy!

Looks a bit busier than the pic above now.

Pork - 1 of 1.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Barty said:

In thirty years of various garage / barn ownership, they have all been dumping grounds and yuk. So I decided to wait until I could do the garage I wanted I use it most days and enjoy being in it.

Pork - 1 of 1.jpeg

Fair play. Looks great and a nice place to be. But....,. you need a bigger garage again! lol ;) 

37 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Fair play. Looks great and a nice place to be. But....,. you need a bigger garage again! lol ;) 

This was the plan and instruction from above  'smaller garage'. This was my previous 'Toy Shop' which got out of hand.148087477_Pork-1of1.thumb.jpeg.a8637911732479c42af404119aa73b65.jpeg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Barty said:

This was the plan and instruction from above  'smaller garage'. This was my previous 'Toy Shop' which got out of hand.148087477_Pork-1of1.thumb.jpeg.a8637911732479c42af404119aa73b65.jpeg

Lol now that's a garage to inspire a whole lot of envy! Well played sir! :ani_clapping: