Am I the first IB member.......

SilverWT

On 05/03/2021 at 11:23, jevvy said:

Govt & media remain fairly hush-hush about AE's , anyone who does suffer an AE should be reporting it using the governments Yellow Card system: https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Summary page of reported AE's here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronav...

Pfizer AE breakdown:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governmen...

AZ AE breakdown:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governmen...

I got a very clear document explaining the jab (Pfizer), possible after effects and likelihood. Also much discussed at work at regional and global levels.

On 05/03/2021 at 10:38, RivieraBob said:

I've heard everything out here, from the somewhat understandable (it's been rushed through without the usual protocol) to the bizarre (it contains a tracker) etc etc. Most French contacts I have are against it, even the elderly, and shake their heads in disbelief when I say I wanted it.

Trawling round various government websites earlier: France, Italy, India, have to say that only the Indian one seemed to be putting much effort into persuading people to take the vaccine. Our business is actively attempting to inform and persuade associates to get vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Chris_911 said:

Been contacted this morning so I now have both my shots booked.

Same here.   I think every 55 year old in the country must have had a text at the same time and gone online to book all together.  It took me about six attempts to get confirmed.  Everytime I went to press confirm slot(s) had gone so had to go through routine again with earliest dates moving out a day each time.

In for next Friday 

I was given a window of opportunity 10 to 13 weeks after my 1st jab. Mrs just had her invite in the post today so she booked next Tuesday, a bit surprised as they only announced 55+ a few days ago and she has just turned 50.

On 09/03/2021 at 16:11, topcarrera said:

Same here.   I think every 55 year old in the country must have had a text at the same time and gone online to book all together.  It took me about six attempts to get confirmed.  Everytime I went to press confirm slot(s) had gone so had to go through routine again with earliest dates moving out a day each time.

In for next Friday 

Text message from GP arrived later yesterday with a different NHS link.  Tried that and it offered earlier bookings at a nearer NHS centre rather than the commandeered pharmacy that I had booked earlier yesterday. Cancelled the original bookings I made yesterday I now have first jab on Tuesday at a local NHS centre.  Didn't get confirmed second vaccination date with new booking but not so concerned about that.  Think the NHS centres will be morel likely to provide Pfizer jab rather than AZ variant ........... 

17 minutes ago, topcarrera said:

.........Think the NHS centres will be morel likely to provide Pfizer jab rather than AZ variant ........... 

Ours were done at an NHS centre, all Oxford AZ at the time we went in. Amongst our friends and family, the Pfizer seems to be going into those with some underlying health issues. That may be coincidental or regional, no clue. Overall, they certainly had less of a reaction, so maybe that’s got something to do with it?

VT

18 hours ago, Von Twinzig said:

Ours were done at an NHS centre, all Oxford AZ at the time we went in. Amongst our friends and family, the Pfizer seems to be going into those with some underlying health issues. That may be coincidental or regional, no clue. Overall, they certainly had less of a reaction, so maybe that’s got something to do with it?

VT

Think it's mostly given to NHS staff and associated healthcare professionals. I assume the government has a much larger supply of OAZ than Pfizer so that could be contributing factor along with the cost and delivery (Pfizer has to be stored at -70c).

I am fairly sure that the allocation is not as sophisticated as that. When I had my Pfizer jab 3 weeks ago, it was going to everyone on that day.

I am sure that our ex-army IB friend can advise on the difficulties of arranging the logistics of all this.

On the after effects, I heard that the latest research is that you have a more severe effect if you've had a dose of covid, symptomatic or asymptomatic, before the vaccine as the body reacts.

Had mine at an NHS centre today - Oxford  jab. Wife was with me and they agreed to do her as well as we had travelled a relatively long way (40miles direct but took the scenic route!). That's a week earlier than she had an appointment for. 

Was very pleased with the way it was all handled - very professional and friendly. Not a jobsworth in sight!

1 hour ago, njpcarrera32 said:

I am fairly sure that the allocation is not as sophisticated as that. When I had my Pfizer jab 3 weeks ago, it was going to everyone on that day.

I am sure that our ex-army IB friend can advise on the difficulties of arranging the logistics of all this.

My thinking too

Over 70 in Ireland - still waiting - have a provisional  slot ( supply permitting) of April 15th......

Edited by anglophone1

10 hours ago, anglophone1 said:

Over 70 in Ireland - still waiting - have a provisional  slot ( supply permitting) of April 15th......

That's what being part of the EU gets you..... 🙄

I'll get me coat...🙉

I don't wish to get into a debate about the pros and cons of Brexit...

but isn't it that the UK chose their own path with respect to vaccines and most if not all of the countries in the EU chose to let the EU handle the procurement? Those countries could have done what the UK did but chose not to?

What it does highlight is the sheer incompetence of the 'Brussels' machine. That, and the blame game they are busy working on is a disgrace.

When I ran something, anything that went wrong was my fault and I always accepted that - may have chewed a few people off in private but never in public.

That said it's an EU issue not a Brexit issue and we may have been able to help if we stayed in!

Edited by Roy M
Punctuation

3 hours ago, Roy M said:

we may have been able to help if we stayed in!

:signs71:                The EU's coronavirus vaccine blame game. Why so slow? – POLITICO

I'll get my coat too!

19 hours ago, topcarrera said:

:signs71:                The EU's coronavirus vaccine blame game. Why so slow? – POLITICO

I'll get my coat too!

Yeah - we truly are World Leaders in inefficiency and wasting public money 

🙄

From your prefered reading list (The Spectator):

Test and trace has been a phenomenal waste of money

Can't wait for the likes of MarkJ to start whinging about his taxes going up to pay for that enormous white elephant too 😂 

Edited by GaryH

Not to mention Matt Hancock's next-door neighbour (currently being investigated) and all the other Tory cronies and their untendered-for Corona Virus equipment contracts 🤪

A disgusting gravy train of which you would no doubt lambast the EU for but remain strangely silent when your Eton overlords commit the same crimes. 

They literally laugh in your faces as you continue to tug your forlocks to them. 

Edited by GaryH

I'm booked in next Friday for the jab, had the NHS booking text earlier.  I'm 48 this year but apparently I have 'underlying health problem', I was prescribed one asthma inhaler about 10 years so must be that.  Unless it's something they haven't told me.

21 minutes ago, Nige said:

Unless it's something they haven't told me.

I think it’s that other man problem you have................😢😇