Am I the first IB member.......

SilverWT

I had mine on Saturday.  Felt absolutely fine for twenty hours and then like I’d been run over by a bus.  Went to bed and slept it off and I feel fine today.  But then, I am a hard northerner 🤣 It was a very slick system from start to finish and that’s coming from someone who contracted and worked with the NHS and knows just how inept things generally are.

Whoever placed orders for the vaccine at the outset and secured what appears to be a great supply, should be put on a pedestal.  Top job and we’re showing the world how things should be done for once.  The added bonus is the embedded tracking technology, which means I’ll not get lost the first time I go out drinking 👍

Edited by oliverjamesthomas
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Phill said:

Mrs Phill has here tomorrow, age 51. I think the topic should be renamed.......Am I the Only IB Member Not to Have Had a Vaccination? 😂

Needs to be a poll too.

23 minutes ago, Lesworth said:

I have my first booked for a week on Sunday and the second booked in June. I'm a young'un.

I am so young that I will not be vaccinated before 2025. 😅 

• Haha 1

couldn't wake up day after, had to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del :lol:

Yes, was Oxford Jab for me, They seem to be rattling through people now, our local surgery was like a production line, very efficient. Had no real side effects other than a punched arm and slightly achey joints next day.

• 1 month later...

Fully jabbed up :D. Got my second on Wednesday. No ill effects, just a bit tired so had a 90 minute siesta in the afternoon :lol:

Booked a holiday in Portugal as well! A week of sun sea and sand in June - can't wait :dancer:

1 hour ago, Phill said:

Fully jabbed up :D. Got my second on Wednesday. No ill effects, just a bit tired so had a 90 minute siesta in the afternoon :lol:

Booked a holiday in Portugal as well! A week of sun sea and sand in June - can't wait :dancer:

Hmm, won’t catch me going on a germ tube for a while,  perhaps never.  

33 minutes ago, Jonny Hart said:

Got to agree - the inbound mixing at airports sounds horrific! https://inews.co.uk/news/arrivals-from-india-spent-hours-in-heathrow-queues-insanity-close-to-other-passengers-says-ex-pat-1002477

Apologies Phil - We all need something to look forward to at the moment and don't want to put any dampener on your hols!

Edited by Roy M

1 hour ago, Jonny Hart said:

1 hour ago, Roy M said:

Got to agree - the inbound mixing at airports sounds horrific! https://inews.co.uk/news/arrivals-from-india-spent-hours-in-heathrow-queues-insanity-close-to-other-passengers-says-ex-pat-1002477

Apologies Phil - We all need something to look forward to at the moment and don't want to put any dampener on your hols!

Ha, no one is going to put me off my holidays, it's my main aim in life, what I go to work for. I'm just gutted I can't get on a 12 hour flight to Costa Rica yet :cry:

17 minutes ago, Phill said:

Ha, no one is going to put me off my holidays, it's my main aim in life

+1,000

Mark

p.s. Had my second jab 3 weeks ago, so now better than bullet proof. :rlol:

p.p.s. Still got a deferred Mexican hol for late this year, a deferred Jamaican hol for next spring and a new booking for a family Mexican hol next year 

2nd Pfizer jab yesterday, no side affects yet

Phill, Costa Rica is amazing, we did a family driving tour a couple of years ago, loved it, got lost in a banana plantation down south on the Caribbean side trying to find a beach, my phone sent me an alert ' welcome to Panama' 🤣 Can recommend an ace local car hire company if you're driving yourself about

Mark, Mexico is probably my favourite country, food is the best, what part are you visiting?

Same as Jonny, defo not getting on plane for a while yet, bought the Lexus specifically for driving holidays, got a few trips in mind just need the travel restrictions to open up

28 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

2nd Pfizer jab yesterday, no side affects yet

Phill, Costa Rica is amazing, we did a family driving tour a couple of years ago, loved it, got lost in a banana plantation down south on the Caribbean side trying to find a beach, my phone sent me an alert ' welcome to Panama' 🤣 Can recommend an ace local car hire company if you're driving yourself about

Mark, Mexico is probably my favourite country, food is the best, what part are you visiting?

Same as Jonny, defo not getting on plane for a while yet, bought the Lexus specifically for driving holidays, got a few trips in mind just need the travel restrictions to open up

We spent Xmas and new year there 18-19 and it was amazing. We used Vamos rent a car who were great. We did 4 centres through the middle and west coast. Hope to get back there the year at some point. We are planning to buy there when I retire - 25 1/2 months but I'm not counting......

2 hours ago, SilverWT said:

+1,000

Mark

p.s. Had my second jab 3 weeks ago, so now better than bullet proof. :rlol:

p.p.s. Still got a deferred Mexican hol for late this year, a deferred Jamaican hol for next spring and a new booking for a family Mexican hol next year 

Wow, sounds dicey.  It's only a matter of time before another variant gets back here.  The whole red/green list thing cannot outpace this thing.

Sorry, I would rather be stuck in my own country that in my own home (again).