Am I the first IB member.......

On 19/02/2021 at 22:21, Beaky said:

I had the Pfizer jab with zero side effects.

Have heard it said that the older you are the less likely you are to suffer side effects. Just saying. 😉😀

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my first OAZ last Sunday evening (19:20).  Woke up Monday, which is always a good way to start the day, but feeling just a bit ‘off’, slightly nauseous and tired.  That seemed to last most of th

No need to heel and toe any more.  Bonus!!

I'm 57 as well, '63 was a good year ☺️. According to the nurse who gave me the jab, she thought it was probably because of my atrial fibrillation being classified as an underlying health condition. In

Posted Images

Had mine 3 weeks ago today..AZ one. I had a slight sore throat the following morning but Pat says it’s because I slept on my back with my mouth open snoring..she’s probably right🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, sopor said:

Have heard it said that the older you are the less likely you are to suffer side effects. Just saying. 😉😀

Us old gits are hardy folks, well some of the time🤪

Had the AstraZeneca one on Sunday - cracking headache followed but no other side effects so far! SWMBO had the Pfizer jab this morning so, with two youngsters working in the health sector who also had the Pfizer jab, first round completed ...... must say all the volunteers helping were excellent.

I am only one to have had the AZ in the family.......I am the oldest as well and so far have had the weakest reaction.....as Beaky said, us old gets are a hardy bunch!!

• 2 weeks later...

All jabbed up and nowhere to go......

Had my AZ this morning. Apparently the younger you are the more likely you are to have symptoms. Again, apparently, that is because your immune system is stronger and it gets to work more quickly and more robustly. So really, I'm hoping for some symptoms to show my immune system is healthy :-))

Got jabbed early this morning, Pfizer was flavor of the day

Only noticeable side affect was I immediately felt very hungry so bought a large dose of split cream donut to go with my lunch 😋

• Haha 1

I'm not sure why I got called for an appt as I'm only 52 (my goodness that looks old written down!). I can only assume they are filling slots or its a mistake or im older than I think I am......

Just had mine this morning (AstraZeneca). Requested it - sadly the place was empty as it's been so bad mouthed over here; hence the reason I got an appointment I guess. Pfizer on the other hand is booked out for weeks, no slots available. I was quite happy to take the AZ although felt the doc went far too heavy on warning of the potential after effects (he even insisted I take a prescription for 28 Paracetamol!). Wimps....hope I don't regret that comment later.

9 minutes ago, RivieraBob said:

Just had mine this morning (AstraZeneca). Requested it - sadly the place was empty as it's been so bad mouthed over here; hence the reason I got an appointment I guess. Pfizer on the other hand is booked out for weeks, no slots available. I was quite happy to take the AZ although felt the doc went far too heavy on warning of the potential after effects (he even insisted I take a prescription for 28 Paracetamol!). Wimps....hope I don't regret that comment later.

You need a prescription for paracetamol over there?

15 minutes ago, Phill said:

You need a prescription for paracetamol over there?

In France the pharmacies control everything Phill. Hardly any over-the-counter medicine available. 

Edited by GaryH

Wowser! If it's the same for Ibuprofen I'd be at the Docs every week....

I'm due my second dose on the 19th, I'm getting used to the second head and third leg that grew after the first, but hey ho ....................

I had my first OAZ last Sunday evening (19:20).  Woke up Monday, which is always a good way to start the day, but feeling just a bit ‘off’, slightly nauseous and tired.  That seemed to last most of the day, but by 7pm I realised that I was fine again.

Roll on the second dose.

Having the Bill Gates chip in my arm saves checking in to places when I go out 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, RivieraBob said:

Been working in Spain, France and Germany in the last year. I am yet to meet a single person who wants to be vaccinated. 

37 minutes ago, Fred said:

Been working in Spain, France and Germany in the last year. I am yet to meet a single person who wants to be vaccinated. 

It's worrying isn't it? I have a theory that the UK is so keen to get vaccinated because of our desire to travel. Other than Oz and NZ I reckon the British love to travel more than any other country. I know that is my main driver to be vaccinated.

4 hours ago, Fred said:

I've heard everything out here, from the somewhat understandable (it's been rushed through without the usual protocol) to the bizarre (it contains a tracker) etc etc. Most French contacts I have are against it, even the elderly, and shake their heads in disbelief when I say I wanted it. 24 hours in I've not had a single after effect, even though I was hoping for some hair regrowth. 

Govt & media remain fairly hush-hush about AE's , anyone who does suffer an AE should be reporting it using the governments Yellow Card system: https://yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

Summary page of reported AE's here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronav...

Pfizer AE breakdown:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governmen...

AZ AE breakdown:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governmen...

22 hours ago, Beaky said:

I'm due my second dose on the 19th, I'm getting used to the second head and third leg that grew after the first, but hey ho ....................

No need to heel and toe any more.  Bonus!!

• Like 2

Me and Mrs VT had the Oxford AZ yesterday. Very slick system. Felt fine for about 8 hours then things went a bit wobbly. Mrs VT in particular felt teeth chatteringly cold and could not stop shivering. Both a bit better today, generally overall aching and no energy. Seems to be par for the course for a day or two. Roll on May 20th for the second one.

VT

15 minutes ago, Von Twinzig said:

Me and Mrs VT had the Oxford AZ yesterday. Very slick system. Felt fine for about 8 hours then things went a bit wobbly. Mrs VT in particular felt teeth chatteringly cold and could not stop shivering. Both a bit better today, generally overall aching and no energy. Seems to be par for the course for a day or two. Roll on May 20th for the second one.

VT

Good luck buddy ;)

I had my first dose over a month ago, only side effect to Pfizer was upper arm ache for a couple of days which I hear is pretty common.

A friend of mine who is a pulmonologist at a London hospital got Covid a few days after getting her Pfizer vaccine, obviously too soon for the vaccine to kick in yet so was a bit unlucky. Anyway it's just another layer of protection and not a ticket to freedom.