Fuel pump sounds like wet fart....

Ive put the car back together, new genuine fuel lines, new dansk fuel tank. When ive come to turn it over i had a fuel leak in the engine bay. Tightened a jubilee clip and sorted. But then the fuel pump started making a noise like a wet fart and no fuel at all is getting through to the filter. Even with the hose completely detached. When i crack open the pressure side of the pump there is fuel....

Ive fitted a new fuel pump today and it still sounds the same and no fuel. All i can think is a line blockage but i dont see how the line can be totally blocked so not even a dribble gets out and i dont see where the blockage could come from as the hole out of the pump is tiny... 

Next thought is to blow the line through with my compressor and see if its blocked???? 

Any other ideas???

I'd be concerned if I had a fuel pipe connection in the engine bay with a jubilee clip on it. Pictures are always good.

If you've replaced all the fuel lines you shouldn't have jubilee clips in the engine bay. 

I can't remember if it's actually possible but could you have got the flow and return pipes mixed up while replacing the front to rears? 

On 08/02/2021 at 15:57, craigt said:

I'd be concerned if I had a fuel pipe connection in the engine bay with a jubilee clip on it. Pictures are always good

I can't remember if it's actually possible but could you have got the flow and return pipes mixed up while replacing the front to rears? 

You win the prize!! 
Yes i had connected the front halves to the back halves the wrong way around🤦‍♂️
Bit of a bstd as the box needs dropping to get at the connections to swap over... i could give myself a good kick!

The jub (actually hose clip) is on the return side and looks std, obviously saw much higher pressure than it was supposed to.... hopefully not knackered anything else!

I think it was this one.... pic from manual

869CF1FF-0C6A-4374-A2C6-21E44174E71E.thumb.jpeg.bfff83918b4fc62176b584ca27c38a66.jpeg

Edited by Robos911

Excellent!! Good news 👍

My comment about jubilee clips related to the main fuel lines which run at about 70 psi

So, is it now running (well?) 

24 minutes ago, craigt said:

Excellent!! Good news 👍

My comment about jubilee clips related to the main fuel lines which run at about 70 psi

So, is it now running (well?) 

Thanks!

No, ive only been out to do some fault finding! When i realised what i had done i gave up and went to find a wall to bang my head against🤣

I should get some time later this week to have a go👍

When I find out I've done something wrong I've given up banging my head against a wall and generally head to the fridge for a beer.

Life is so much better now 😁

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Type911 said:

Get the fuel quality clamps and you will fine;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ4r5adtJQpbdHgHOX6v7

Absolutely, stainless steel Mikalor are a must.