Gunson G4125 Gastester Digital

Phill

Yes, I’ve had one for many years.  I’m not sure on model number but it looks the same. It’s worked great and has always been in the ballpark when compared to my innovate LM2 and MoTs. I use it to check emissions before an MoT, set mixture and general diagnosis. Very handy. 

David

• Thanks 1

Given that David has one and has provided endorsement then I don't feel quite so ashamed to admit that I bought a new one on offer online somewhere 2 years ago.

Feels like something from poundland and the receiver unit is tackily glued onto main instrument body with clear blobby stuff that turns to jelly the first time you use it and it gets warm.   I read reviews before I bought so was anticipating this but a spot of superglue has done the job.

I bought it to set idle CO/mixture setting on my Lancia (carb) and it has proved to be pretty accurate - i.e. v MOT.  The Porsche (3.2) CO seems to be very stable and varies by less than 0.1% between MOTs.  I have used the Porsche when warm as a check/test of the Gunson and it does seem to match.

I do find it does take a good 5-10 minutes of being powered up before it stabilises and even then there is slight upward drift but that isnt really a problem if you just re-zero in air between tests.

• Thanks 1