Blaupunkt Bremen SQR 46 with DAB launched

It's been around for about a year now, I have one in my 964 and we have fitted half a dozen to customers cars over the year, it's a good unit and suits the 80's / 90's dash very well.

8 minutes ago, Jon Miller said:

It's been around for about a year now, I have one in my 964 and we have fitted half a dozen to customers cars over the year, it's a good unit and suits the 80's / 90's dash very well.

OK, didn't know it's been out for a year.... Thanks. Is it just a straight swap at the back plus a DAB aerial somehow with little additional hassle if you're just replacing a Toronto unit? Asking for a friend :)

Should be an easy enough job, depending on the current state of your stereo wiring. The new unit isn't as deep as an old stereo (and a lot lighter) so there is plenty of room to hide the wiring.

I stick the DAB aerial to the passenger rear quarter window, so you'll need to run that wire along under the sill carpet.

If you must have DAB, look elsewhere. The ariel that comes with it is best used as dental floss. With an ariel booster connected to the FM ariel its a bit better but so fiddly to use I have given up. It looks good and bluetooth works well but at least £200 overpriced in my opinion. I wish I had gone for a 'normal' head unit and lived with the looks. The £100 head unit in my 924 works much better and is easier to use.

As mentioned above, it looks good and period in our cars but its overpriced and better alternatives can be sort. I put used a different DAB aerial and it works fine.

Thanks for that all, I'd forgotten you need to start fitting aerials for the DAB... stuff that, so will leave 'as is' and put the money towards some new tyres.... Thanks again.