New Fuch Wheels from the manufacturer - F- und G-Modell, 8 Jx16, ET10,6, OF 30269

Beaky

Dear Mr. Collard,

thank you for your mail.

For your information we are the producer of the classic Fuchs wheels OF 30269 but we only produce them in the name and order of Porsche. Due to this we are not allowed to sell these wheels directly.

The wheels can be bought at Porsche Classic. For prices and delivery time, please contact your Porsche branch.

But we offer our Evolution wheels, which are the same wheels but without the Porsche material number. Please find attached our flyer.

There will be additional shipping costs, which have to be calculated separately.

For further questions please feel free to contact me again.

Allzeit eine gute Fahrt wünscht Ihnen

das Fuchsfelgen-Team aus Meinerzhagen

OTTO FUCHS KG

Fuchsfelgen-Team

i.A. Helena Sitkowitsch

Automotive Vertrieb

Hotline +49 2354 73-317

fuchsfelge@ottofuchs.com

www.fuchsfelge.com

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Iserlohn HRA 5388

6J x 16, ET 36 | 6.2 kg | € 639.-*
» tyre size: 205/55 ZR16

7J x 16, ET 23.3 | 5.7 kg |  €589.-*
» tyre sizes: 205/55 ZR16;
225/50 ZR16

8J x 16, ET 10.6 | 6.0 kg | 619.-*
» tyre size: 225/50 ZR16

9J x 16; ET 15 | 6.0 kg | 639.-*
» tyre size: 245/45 ZR16

49 minutes ago, WP0ZZZ said:

You can also buy them from (possibly cheaper if those prices in the email don't include VAT).

I seem to remember that JZM in the UK was going to sell 15 and 16 inch Fuchs but I'm not 100% sure. 

The prices do include VAT at 19% I believe, 

31 minutes ago, mean in green said:

They are listed as the UK distributor.

I spoke with them directly, they are the distributor for all English speaking countries 

3 hours ago, Beaky said:

The wheels can be bought at Porsche Classic. For prices and delivery time, please contact your Porsche branch.

But we offer our Evolution wheels, which are the same wheels but without the Porsche tax.

That reads more accurately :D

• Like 1

Indeed! I bought mine from Rose Passion 18 months or so ago. They are indistinguishable from the Porsche jobbies (apart from the P number, if that really floats your boat). I got 7s and 8s for easier tyre choice on rears, although one of my fronts rubbed a touch (Chris Franklyn had to raise her a smidge).

12 minutes ago, RivieraBob said:

Indeed! I bought mine from Rose Passion 18 months or so ago. They are indistinguishable from the Porsche jobbies (apart from the P number, if that really floats your boat). I got 7s and 8s for easier tyre choice on rears, although one of my fronts rubbed a touch (Chris Franklyn had to raise her a smidge).

I have 7 & 9, the latter is the issue for current and future tyre choice, hence getting a pair of 8"s

14 hours ago, RivieraBob said:

What size of tyres are you using at the front?

I was thinking of going for 7" Fuchs, and got a quote from them in November. I'm assuming if I stick with the 205 width there should be no rubbing issues.

Edited by jellyfishfields

I have standard 205s on the front, but being SO2s they are quite square shouldered. As said, many run with no probs. It was just one side, and I think as much a function of where I drive (downhill hairpin compressions in the alps), as the fact she sat a little low.

Beaky, I bought just a pair of new 8s with the intention of using my original 7s. Ended up having to buy new 7s as well as the new ones have a matt black finish whereas my originals are more satin black/glossy.

ps When I get back to UK will be selling original 6s and 7s if anyone interested.

On 27/02/2021 at 12:00, RivieraBob said:

Beaky, I bought just a pair of new 8s with the intention of using my original 7s. Ended up having to buy new 7s as well as the new ones have a matt black finish whereas my originals are more satin black/glossy.

I should get delivery by the weekend, I'll have a good look on how close they do/do not match. 

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Beaky said:

Interestingly I measured them rim to rim, the 9's are 9 1/2 inches, the 8's 8 3/4 inches, so just 3/4 inch difference. 

Rim shape and thickness varies, external measurement is not the one to look at. The relevant measurement is between the inner rim walls towards the bottom.

Mark

Just now, SilverWT said:

Rim shape and thickness varies, external measurement is not the one to look at. The relevant measurement is between the inner rim walls towards the bottom.

Mark

I little job for tomorrow, that and sourcing the PS4's 

Wheels and tyres now fitted.

When standing next to each other not much difference width wise between the 8 and 9,  nor once fitted in the wheel arch itself.

The 8's are notably lighter though 😊 

Do you reckon the weight difference is just in the wheels or are the tyres playing into it as well? That said I thought I read that the newer wheels are a bit lighter due to advances in metallurgy.