New Fuch Wheels from the manufacturer - F- und G-Modell, 8 Jx16, ET10,6, OF 30269

21 minutes ago, sopor said:

Do you reckon the weight difference is just in the wheels or are the tyres playing into it as well? That said I thought I read that the newer wheels are a bit lighter due to advances in metallurgy.

I would guess a bit of both, less metal, less rubber.

I need to do some "enthusiastic" driving to get a feel for real life differences!

On 23/03/2021 at 19:37, Beaky said:

I little job for tomorrow, that and sourcing the PS4's 

Hi Beaky

I meant to ask....Did you have any joy finding PS4's in our sizes and if so who from?

Cheers

Fin

Posted (edited)

I could only find them here as a fitted price here

https://www.elitedirect.com/order-tyres#tyres

Having read some further reviews (I have attached one example), and there being a wider availability, I went for Conti Premium Contact 6's in the end, a tyre I know well as they are fitted to my MX5 and have been excellent. 

Edited by Beaky
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Beaky said:

They sure are but they are great tyres and probably worth it. We have just put a set on our old Mini R53 JCW and they are fantastic.

Cheers

Fin

On 04/04/2021 at 08:23, Beaky said:

Strange for there to be such different pricing between two sellers both having the same parent company, delticom.

Post 1 Jan mytyres' prices have gone up - probably because they ship from the continent. In Germany that same tyre is €165 = £138. Another Brexit "dividend"?

And odd how the fronts are only £77!

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

The PS4's are generally very well respected and a great tyre, but they do have a softer sidewall when compared to the Conti - I believe IB's prefer a stiffer sidewall due to the rear weigh bias.

Not scientific:-  

Edited by Beaky

Original 7’s up front, new 8’s at the rear, colour match very good.8D91C9CE-AD94-46AD-8B40-C12BCC5ED6C6.thumb.jpeg.360ea4bd24cdd3704f4a1003fdf8986c.jpeg

950BD678-3B6B-400F-957C-455AB2EFDB23.jpeg

• Like 1

Lucky man! As I mentioned before I ended up having to buy new 7s for the front as the black on my old ones were more glossy - presume therefore they must have been refurbed by a PO, unless originally they were more satin than matt black? I prefer the matt black look of the new.

• Like 1
On 11/04/2021 at 20:33, Beaky said:

Original 7’s up front, new 8’s at the rear, colour match very good.8D91C9CE-AD94-46AD-8B40-C12BCC5ED6C6.thumb.jpeg.360ea4bd24cdd3704f4a1003fdf8986c.jpeg

950BD678-3B6B-400F-957C-455AB2EFDB23.jpeg

Your car is looking mighty fine👍

• Like 1