Fuel Injectors

Can faulty fuel injectors be brought back to life?

I felt I was running on 5 cylinders, and using an infra-red heat gun I’ve ascertained this is indeed the case. 

Prime suspect is the injector. This is the second injector failure that I’ve had in the last 6 months. The last one cost £250 for a genuine Porsche job.

I was wondering if dead injectors can be brought back to life?

The alternative is a set of 6 Lucas D1540BA from FiveO, or a set if eBay specials for £210. I can’t bring myself to shell out another £250 for one injector.

https://injectortune.co.uk/Injector_Cleaning.html

I sent mine here, good service and not expensive at all.  You can get a DIY test kit from Ebay, etc for not a lot of money.  I did this and while it showed they were all operating, it wasn't easy to check pressure, spray pattern, etc.

Good luck!

An update on this issue - it wasn’t the injector after all!

Cylinder #6 was the one that was running cold. I removed the fuel rail and had a look at the injector #6 on the workbench. Resistance was around 2.5 ohms, and on applying 12v it clicked open and I was able to blow the residual fuel through it.

I decided to swap injector #6 with #4, and spark plug #6 with #5. Buttoned everything up and started the engine. It was cylinder #5 that was running cold now indicating that this was a spark plug issue. 

Although the spark plug looked ok I gave it a good clean and a lick of the blow torch to dry it out. Re-fitted it and now all 6 cylinders are running hot. Looks like the plug was oil up, but just find it strange how this could have happened in the middle of a 20 minute drive.

Thanks for the link regarding injector cleaning. I shall use this service very soon.

Edited by bodmin