App to record service/spend history

I've been using, like many others I'm sure, the Vehicle Smart iPhone App for a few years now to keep track, and be notified, when MOT and Tax is due on the various vehicles in the family fleet, also great to look up mileage/MOT history on cars while out and about.

It also has fields to record tyre pressures, oil used at last change etc. etc. and some free format fields that I use for things like wheel nut torque for each car in my 'garage'.

The thing it doesn't do so well is keep a record of items that have been changed and a copy of the receipt, or a copy of the receipt from the last time the car was in the garage for a service or other work.

Is anyone else using anything that does this, I don't need a full fleet management system, and I'm not interested in recording mileage and fuel usage, all I want to do is to keep the documented history of spend on the car on my phone, as well as in the paper file at home?

Thanks.

Never write anything down. Eat any receipts ! If anyone asks, everything costs 25% of what it really cost :lol:

#manmaths

1 hour ago, GaryH said:

Never write anything down. Eat any receipts ! If anyone asks, everything costs 25% of what it really cost :lol:

#manmaths

+1 definitely

I use the Road Trip app - it does a good job tracking stuff on the Honda. Think they have a trial thing but I don't think it was dear either way. Really that is to track a lot of things you say you don't want to track, but it also has a good spend section - costs and servicing etc. Might be worth a look.

I developed a load of content for an online vehicle history website called Motoriety a few years ago, not long after I went freelance. It was sort of a competitor to an idea of my own that I had worked on for a bit but then dropped as it was just too much work for one person (common prob with my ideas). The people running it were great but they had an uphill struggle for the same reasons so they sold it to the AA. Maybe should have taken a share in that one.

It is called 'Automyze' now, which is a classic example of bad branding. I get the feeling that Automyze is supposed to evoke something like optimise, but I just see a community of "Auto Misers". Dunno if the auto misers have an app but maybe. The basic software was good and it was helped by the GDPR law as the online history was for the car rather then the owner and could be passed from owner to owner. GDPR has seen a lot of service histories go in the shredder...

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion on Road Trip and Automyze, I'll have a look at both of them. Automyze is interesting, hadn't thought of something like that.

Thanks 

Mark

Hadn’t realised there was an app or two available to do this, but good option. I’ve got an excel sheet set up to track various things, and one is for the cars too. Some conditional formatting used so that cells turn different colours as mileage points, insurance, tax, and MOT times approach. Generally 30 days out the cell for that car goes Orange, and 15 days out it goes red to give me a good visual indicator I need to do something :)

Edited by JLewis
Autocorrect havoc

Remember that you can sign up for MOT reminders through the DVLA They start at a month out and count you down also LOL