Scottish Road Trip (Hopefully this time)

craigt

There's a few of us in and around Central Scotland planning a run in May. It will probably be be a Saturday or Sunday.

No distances or routes discussed yet so I'm not giving you much to go on here 😁

Initial thoughts are meeting at Kinross Services on the M90.

If you might be interested let me know.

33 minutes ago, JLewis said:

Hi Craig - great idea! Depending on dates, I could be up for this. :)

Excellent, can you PM me your mobile number and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group. 👍

• Like 1

Yip I’m in depending on dates. One thing to consider is Cyclists on roads at weekends however. Not unusual when out walking to see multiple packs of 10/15/20 out in batches which does result on backing up traffic on A roads. Just an observation not a judgement.

17 hours ago, craigt said:

Excellent, can you PM me your mobile number and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group. 👍

Thanks for the add Craig.

2 hours ago, Boydyrs said:

Yip I’m in depending on dates. One thing to consider is Cyclists on roads at weekends however. Not unusual when out walking to see multiple packs of 10/15/20 out in batches which does result on backing up traffic on A roads. Just an observation not a judgement.

Agreed, can anyone do weekdays? Definately quieter during the week 🤔

8 hours ago, Boydyrs said:

If it's 100 points for a wheelchair then a cyclist must be 50 - just think of the score you could get for groups like that! 🤪

Having been in and around Edinburgh today the freedom to travel has clearly kicked in. Chaos, I haven't seen the city bypass at a crawl for over a year. I didn't think there was so many people sticking to the rules.
Let's do a weekday in May, we'll arrange a date nearer the time based on dry weather unless anyone needs a firm date. Mine can get wet. 

35 minutes ago, David Gander said:

Craig, Not having a Porsche now, I cannot join in this jolly jaunt but if and when you decide on route, your are all welcome for coffee / buns if passing this way?
Regards,

David

David

Excellent David, would be good to see you. I also need to pick up the spring plate I bought.

I'll bring the buns......... 

Will be in touch once we fix a date and route. 

11 hours ago, craigt said:

Excellent David, would be good to see you. I also need to pick up the spring plate I bought.

I'll bring the buns......... 

Will be in touch once we fix a date and route. 

We'll definitely pop in by you David, sometime in May. As Craig says we'll keep in touch.

On 15/04/2021 at 17:50, Roy M said:

If it's 100 points for a wheelchair then a cyclist must be 50 - just think of the score you could get for groups like that! 🤪

And 200 for a Nun on a zebra crossing!

2 hours ago, Beaky said:

And 200 for a Nun on a zebra crossing!

I'm not getting involved in this part of the conversation in case I accidentally knock over a nun on a bike. The courts may then decide it was premeditated 😜🤣

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Craig, I invited yous all to drop by if and when you are in this area, I’ll have to now call off the invite as I am now informed that my Wife’s Yorkshire contingent relations are about to descend on our quiet abode at the end of the month……..for a @&&%# week or more!……my forefathers must have sinned greatly! Needless to say, I have no input to this arrangement, simply informed of what is about to happen! Apologies, I was looking forward to the possibility of meeting some of the Brethern.

Regards,

David. 

Brilliant and in but.....there’s always a but.......I have something on early Friday evening! 
Not sure of plan, route or timings so early morning, 9/10am would be good if possible?

Happy to help with route if required but also go with flow

10 minutes ago, Boydyrs said:

Brilliant and in but.....there’s always a but.......I have something on early Friday evening! 
Not sure of plan, route or timings so early morning, 9/10am would be good if possible?

Happy to help with route if required but also go with flow

Morning Raymond, don't think it'll be a problem getting back for early evening, I'm not planning on being out all day either.

The only bit of the route I'm suggesting is when leaving Kinross head to Glenfarg then through Bridge of Earn to Perth for our stop at the Porsche garage. After that we can head in any direction ( Crieff, Comrie, Lochearnhead maybe? )

Sorry to hear we're not getting to drop in at David's, that would have been a good stop. If you need rescuing from the outlaws David just give us a shout 😂.

🤣No problem David, we've all been there with the in laws - we'll catch you next time. 

I'm totally flexible with timings and routes and an early start is no problem at all.

Andy and Raymond - you know your suggested routes and how long they're likely to take. Can we leave it to you to come up with a route?