non-servo dual circuit brake m/c question

Diesel76

My original Porsche one was rotted out (1976) so I bought the cheap D911 one and it leaks like a sieve despite new washer, removing(!) the paint from the  mating surface, etc. I can only conclude it was only £60 for a reason.

I have got most of the bits for the Boxster / 911 3.2 f/r brake upgrade, the URO 23mm master cylinder looks better quality and a fraction of the price of a genuine OEM Porsche one.

Are there any alternatives or should I just go for the bigger m/c?

Cheers!

My opinion only, others are available..... I wouldn’t buy Uro for safety-related stuff such as brakes.  I understand their quality is improving and they are working hard at this, but for brakes why risk it.  My perspective will also be slightly skewed by the fact that my car is a keeper, 22 years in, and I don’t want to compromise reliability if I can help it.

44 minutes ago, Diesel76 said:

I can only conclude it was only £60 for a reason.

I think you have answered your own question! Buy the OEM one.

Unfortunately the OEM one is £411 + VAT! I am sure there must be an OEM equivalent with a justifiable price tag. If not I will dig out the old original one and see if I can refurb it.

Cheers,

Matt has a few options listed, doubt he'd sell them is they were sh*te, my be worth dropping him a message for his opinion.  There is an ATE version, same as the factory fit calipers.

https://type911shop.co.uk/epages/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/de867ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766/Categories/Shop/10/42/563

There are three lessons learned here. 1. Don't buy from D911...........ever. 2. If in doubt ring Matt and ask. 3. Always buy from Type911, you will get honest advice and a fair price.

Do not skimp on the brake pressure switches either.   If they fail, your foot will go straight to the floor.  

The aftermarket VW ones are cheap for a reason. Buy the genuine Porsche ones.  

2 options as noted, probably the ate oem version is the best bet unless you feel an upgrade is wanted then go for the 23mm version 

In that case I would say yes, go 23mm