Sept 2021 redux of June 2020's cancelled Alps trip

As we appear to be emerging from the shadows of Covid-19   I'm thinking I'd like to make the Alps trip work for Sept 2021. I would propose exactly the same route that Richard put so much time into putting together (https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34148-2020-alpine-road-trip-do-not-reply/ ). First night would be spent at in Amden in Switzerland on Saturday 11 September and the trip would officially finish on the Saturday morning a week later in Switzerland.

Could I have a show of hand please if you're interested and I'll start contacting hotels once I have rough numbers. I've contacted last year's palnned attendees via email - no need to reply again if you're already done so.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/05/2021 at 20:34, sopor said:

As we appear to be emerging from the shadows of Covid-19   I'm thinking I'd like to make the Alps trip work for Sept 2021. I would propose exactly the same route that Richard put so much time into putting together (https://www.impactbumpers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34148-2020-alpine-road-trip-do-not-reply/ ). First night would be spent at in Amden in Switzerland on Saturday 11 September and the trip would officially finish on the Saturday morning a week later in Switzerland.

Could I have a show of hand please if you're interested and I'll start contacting hotels once I have rough numbers. I've contacted last year's planned attendees via email - no need to reply again if you're already done so.

Would love too but off to Scotland for a week from the 5th, I can get away with most things, not sure I want to pay Divorce solicitor fees by signing up to this as well!

I hope it works out, good luck.

This trip is not looking too likely at the moment. Only 2 people interested and for all practical purposes Italy looks to be off-limits for short term visitors that have been in the UK in the previous 14 days. The situation might change early next month though.

minor update - it looks like very short term visitors to Italy (36 hours or less) are exempt from the self-isolation requirement. But could be complicated dipping in and out multiple times over the course of a few days.

IIRC, on my route you are in and out of Italy just once and you are not much more than 24 hours in country.  You drop down from Grosglockner to the Dolomites.  You overnight then head west via Stelvio to Switzerland.  Memory may be failing me of course.