Le Mans 2021

I think it only slightly possible that I will travel outside of UK for work, therefore essential, in 2021 so no chance that I would travel for leisure purposes.

Well, according to labour shadow somebody or other we should all be self isolating in hotels at our own expense regardless of where we have been. Prisoners in our own country, bit like  North Korea. Won't be long before UK citizens are paddling across the Channel in dingys under the cover of darkness to escape..........

4 minutes ago, Chris_911 said:

Boom! Mr Postive!! 🤣

I'm just sayin' ;)

• Like 1

biggest issue for me is having had holidays moved from 2020 that are currently on the Amber list, which means you can fly there legally so you either go and face all the things that go with it. Or attempt to find another option and pay double the price. Well or lose your money! For me if its Amber or Red the FCO advice should be non-essential travel only, which is not the case for a lot of Amber countries, at least this way you can get a refund. Oh well its an ever changing world so lets see.

We're nicking across the ditch to NZ to catch up with family, we've got a "bubble" thing happening at the moment.

I agree with njp at the moment, stay home or holiday in the UK and give a much needed boost to the economy. Latest Govt advice is the "use common sense" when travelling abroad but sadly that is lacking in much of the public. It may be legal to travel but it's currently not worth the hassle/expense, and IMHO if you are even considering an amber or red country, just plain selfish. Let's all be sensible and it won't be long before all restrictions are removed. 

Back on thread, I was also hoping to get to Le Mans but now it's a lap of the M25 picking up a couple of speeding fines, camping in the rain in a mate's garden, drinking too much fizzy beer, BBQ every night and watching it on TV in a marquee.....

Chris.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris T said:

.... IMHO if you are even considering an amber or red country, just plain selfish. 

I'm deciding whether to go to an Amber country at the moment. We have a house in the Spanish Pyrenees we haven't been able to get to for a year - really need to check it to make sure all ok. Got a direct ferry booked and will stay in our cabin, village nearest to us in Spain has had only one case and that was a 'weekender' about 6 months ago. No plans to visit anywhere except essential food shopping and we will both have had both jabs before we go. Personally I view this as essential travel but each to their own view

Roy, you are clearly using common sense. Many won't and will take an Easyjet flight to a fortnight in Benidorm and return without any isolation...... Those are the kind of folk I was referring to, and there are plenty of them. I'd love to go abroad ASAP but will be waiting until it is sensible to do so.

10 minutes ago, Chris T said:

Roy, you are clearly using common sense. Many won't and will take an Easyjet flight to a fortnight in Benidorm and return without any isolation...... Those are the kind of folk I was referring to, and there are plenty of them. I'd love to go abroad ASAP but will be waiting until it is sensible to do so.

The sensibleness of it all, as you say, depends on the individuals. If I can arrange with work to WFH for ten days isolation I will have no hesitation in going to Costa Rica for Xmas And New Year. Otherwise I'll stick to green. It's all a bit if a joke anyway, there are other countries that have numbers as low as Portugal which aren't on the green list. It seems football is more important than covid.......

No oversea trips planned to date but I may need to travel to Cyprus in November for family reasons.

Have two trip booked in the UK, SW300 tour and another week in Scotland 

You guys are lucky, I can't even flight back home to see my family. 1 month spent at home in the last 14 months. 

Brexshit effectively put me automatically in "quarantine hotel" if I'm trying to get back to Norway to see family.. 18 months now.... But I'm going to Goodwood FOS and revival., And Silverstone classics.. LM24 will have to wait. 

We Brits do love a good moan. My Chinese team mate has not seen her son for 2 years because of the virus. He arrived back in Shanghai on Thursday from San Francisco and straight into 14 days quarantine at his cost.

13 minutes ago, njpcarrera32 said:

We Brits do love a good moan. My Chinese team mate has not seen her son for 2 years because of the virus. He arrived back in Shanghai on Thursday from San Francisco and straight into 14 days quarantine at his cost.i

That is what gets me. People complaining about not going on holidays while some of us can't even be reunited with our families due to constant rule changes about traveling. 

Had to give a call to my son a couple of hours ago that I am not aloud to fly back to the uk so I will miss for the 2 year in a row his birthday after missing Xmas as well. 

And let's be honest, most of the travel restrictions are in place because holiday goers keep breaking the rules and spread Covid around. 

Sorry, rent over. 

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen my family in India for coming up to 2 years now. I've got flights that I booked before the whole of India became a nightmare with the virus. This is for mid October, right now I've got two chances of going, slim and none.

I'm praying that 2022 will be 'normal'.

Edited by SurlySurdi

1 hour ago, Fred said:

That is what gets me. People complaining about not going on holidays while some of us can't even be reunited with our families due to constant rule changes about traveling. 

Had to give a call to my son a couple of hours ago that I am not aloud to fly back to the uk so I will miss for the 2 year in a row his birthday after missing Xmas as well. 

And let's be honest, most of the travel restrictions are in place because holiday goers keep breaking the rules and spread Covid around. 

I don't get this? Why aren't you allowed to fly to the UK? I don't know where you live (France) but it's a matter of self isolating. If you are coming from an amber country then you isolate at the place you are staying which would be your son's. Not ideal but if you miss him that much.........

I'd like to see your evidence of holiday makers going on holiday and breaking the rules or is that just mainland Europe? I haven't seen any evidence of it here in the UK.

44 minutes ago, Phill said:

I don't get this? Why aren't you allowed to fly to the UK? I don't know where you live (France) but it's a matter of self isolating. If you are coming from an amber country then you isolate at the place you are staying which would be your son's. Not ideal but if you miss him that much.........

I'd like to see your evidence of holiday makers going on holiday and breaking the rules or is that just mainland Europe? I haven't seen any evidence of it here in the UK.

+1 - the rules across Europe are such that you can travel if it's important enough for you to make some sacrifice of time by isolating as necessary

13 hours ago, Phill said:

I am not in France. I am in Germany. If I Come back to the uk now, I am not allowed to go back to Germany unless my company accept for me to quarantine 14 days which they don't. 

I was due at Xmas to come back to the uk while I was working in Spain but the family of a Co workers dicided that it was fine to come on holiday (from the uk) to see him and not taking necessary precautions so he got covid. Despite not getting covid we had to quarantine and cancel my flight. 

Many companies refuse to pay for workers quarantine. 

You just have to check the Brits and Germans in Palma to understand why Covid spread so quick, they don't give a dam about rules once outside their own country.