Filling From Empty

Hi all

ive recently changed all my oil lines and now come to the task of refilling.  It will be completely empty.  I also need to swap out my dme relay for the solid state one bought from Matt.  My question is whether it’s worth filling the oil tank with 10 litres, remove the existing dme, turning the car over for 15 seconds before putting in the new dme relay.... I am wondering if this will help get the oil into the engine better than turning it over whilst the car fires....

I'm sure you know but total oil required is 13 litres. Of course the last three won't be needed until the thermostat opens but you will need to be ready.

I'd put 10l in and run for a bit then check your levels.  It won't flow past the thermostat until it's properly up to temp anyway, that will then gobble up a few litres.

Agree with Nige completely, but add that you’ll know when the thermostat is open as the sill oil lines get hot. However in regular gentle driving this may never happen.... give it some beans and top up the tank once oil lines are good and hot. 👍