Naked Fuchs - how did you do them?

My wheels have had a couple of DIY cheapo spray can efforts over the years and I am now thinking of taking all the paint off and running them bare for a while. I have somewhere local who does a good Aqua blast but thought I would check in to see how others had gone about it. I am not sure any of my wheels are original so ££ downside is limited. Thanks!
Then I can think about tyres!!

Starchem SynStryp, at least for the paint.  If you want to remove the anodising you'll need to blast or stronger chemicals.

4 hours ago, Nige said:

Starchem SynStryp, at least for the paint.  If you want to remove the anodising you'll need to blast or stronger chemicals.

2 hours ago, proporsche said:

yes, that it was, Synstryp worked the magic...except one rim......it was an original factory paint ..

Thanks, got some on order.

Rear wheels done - Synstryp certainly does the job! Most of the paint off with first application. The rears are original Fuchs and date from 1988 so some pretty old paint. I’d put another 2-3 layers on over the years so was pretty pleased how well it ate through it all. Had a couple of areas to spot treat after the 1st application and then a wipe over with thinners to finish them. I bought 2 litres of Synstryp but didn’t use very much at all in stripping 2 wheels.  

Here they are after 1st application.F81F4DD0-DDD1-4800-83D4-E04FF37781ED.thumb.jpeg.b1e8df6a8a10ab20db5fd52936b9be4d.jpeg

An easy and satisfying DIY job (although the pleasure may have more to do with all the fumes from the stripper and thinners).

Onto the fronts and then some new boots - lots of tread left but getting on a bit so time to replace.

6 hours ago, Flat 6 said:

Geez, them's grippy tyres!

44 minutes ago, sopor said:

Silly boy, it’s the block paving that’s grippy!

We've been meaning to get the drive sorted out for a while, it's been upside down since we moved in and it really doesn't help with jobs like this.  At least the milkman has got used to it now and only smashes the occasional bottle when he sometimes falls off.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Little  bit of an update.  Fronts are being a pain.  This is after multiple slatherings with the paint strip.

IMG_5489.thumb.jpeg.d9da63eaa29de733ee688e7f16af2324.jpeg

It's very slow going and I am not sure I have the patience to finish these with the paint strip so may look to get them cleaned up by a local blaster or drop them into local metal place to get them fully anodised.