eBay just lost my business

Phill

Well, the new way that eBay pays it's sellers is a joke. I followed the rules but it now takes anything up to four days to receive your payment, not including weekends!

This will have a knock on effect for buyers as no one in their right mind is going to post items until payments have cleared. That could be a delay of 6 days.

The PayPal system worked well but eBay have just got even more greedy:angry:

I agree. Back in the day they charged a few % of sale price, fair enough. Lately it was 10% while they tried their hardest to push all sales through PayPal for a further few %. Now ebay are intending to charge 12.8% of final sale price and of postage(!). I've got several hundred pounds worth of stuff to 'bay but I was waiting for one of their occasional '£1 max selling fee' promotions.

Any other good auction sites out there?

I shall be doing some research but I think it boils down to Facebook or Gumtree, maybe Etsy but I didn't have any luck at all with them.

7 minutes ago, Phill said:

I shall be doing some research but I think it boils down to Facebook or Gumtree, maybe Etsy but I didn't have any luck at all with them.

Sorry to disappoint but isn't Gumtree owned by Ebay?

Like you I have a chunk of stuff waiting to list and waiting for the max £1 fees to come around again.

Anyone tried PreLoved?

11 minutes ago, njpcarrera32 said:

Sorry to disappoint but isn't Gumtree owned by Ebay?

Not anymore, they sold it apparently.

Posted (edited)

i`m done with greedy ebay for a long time paypal is ok but still they charge idiotic fees ...used to ebay for 10 years.....once they complained i was making to much money and where was i getting my porsche part questions idiots!!

Edited by proporsche

Looks like I'll have to set up a Facebook account :cry: I've resisted for so long. I think I have a Schpock account somewhere.......

10 minutes ago, Phill said:

Looks like I'll have to set up a Facebook account :cry: I've resisted for so long. I think I have a Schpock account somewhere.......

i hear you about the FB ..i gave in and i do sell stuff there;-)

Ivan

• Like 1