I'm thinking of selling up and need help with value

I have owned my 1986 moss green 911 non-sunroof coupe for 20 years, and in the past ten years it has sat in the garage, only coming out for the annual MOT. I bought an SL55 just over 2 years ago, and now I cannot see the Porsche getting used - despite my best intentions each summer.

I have checked and values seem all over the place. Rather than ask for a value on my car, I'd like a ballpark figure for someone who is in the market for one. So, if someone was looking for one asked for advice on the price of a coupe, around 1986 with 100k miles, LHD, with solid body, great mechanicals, and complete but tired interior - a solid car in need of TLC, and MOT'd, so roadworthy. What would you say is the minimum that person would need to spend ?

I don't need to sell and I have a minimum amount that I would want to make me part with it. It has been in our family for 20 years so it will not be easy to let it go.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Edited by dickster

Ask the Sheriff. You will get so many conflicting responses to this question. Another good place to get a ballpark is to look at what has actually sold recently on Ebay.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Phill, one of the reasons I’m asking is because I might spend a few grand on mine to sell it for top money.

I get your point but if I said to you I’m going to buy an entry level roadworthy and solid 86 coupe for £15k you’d say it ain’t going to happen, so what would it take minimum?

Edited by dickster

2 hours ago, dickster said:

a coupe, around 1986 with 100k miles, LHD, with solid body, great mechanicals, and complete but tired interior - a solid car in need of TLC, and MOT'd, so roadworthy.

If you need a figure then I would say, IMHO, based on the above, minimum 35K.  BUT! at least five people will give you a different figure. It's very subjective.

Great, thanks gents. That will help me decide my next move. I think it’s sadly time to let someone else enjoy it, but I may spend a few quid on it first.

5 hours ago, Phill said:

Ask the Sheriff. You will get so many conflicting responses to this question. Another good place to get a ballpark is to look at what has actually sold recently on Ebay.

By the Sheriff, you mean John? It might be a good idea to get it valued..