ECU and fuel pump relay wiring question (but was bad injectors): 3.2

Hello, would anyone know why my ECU isn't sending an earth from 20 to 85 b on the fuel pump relay, does it have to have a signal from one of the numerous sensors to do this, I cant get my 87 to start, turns over, spark, fuel, okay

Any help would be appreciated thanks

No, I'm going to check the injectors to see if I'm getting a pulse from the ECU, I'm beginning to have doubts about the alarm. It's a cobra 6422, where would I post on this forum for information on it, if the ref sensor was faulty would it stop the signal to the injectors, or is there a sensor that controls it, thanks

If they are original sensors then replace them both, they have a good run if they are still working and are probably the cause of your problem anyway

Hello, checked everything on car, including earth's to dme , changed injectors, car will start on 5 cylinders and tick over, so this I think eliminates the alarm and immobiliser, push on last injector plug car stops, and will not start, has anyone ever came across or heard of this, any help would be appreciated

Thanks Ronnie

Maybe ???  Injector has an internal short, so that when you connect it, it grounds the 12V supply to the other injectors ??

Swap that injector over with another one to see if its the wiring or the injector itself

Hi, I fitted 6 new injectors, I actually think there was nothing wrong with originals, apart from age, both sets give the same ohms readings, I've tried swapping the plugs,my car is a 87 supersport, my friend is working on an 89 targa he is having the same problems, only his will only run on 4 cylinders, we are beginning to suspect the dme brain, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Ronnie

• 3 weeks later...
  • johndglynn changed the title to ECU and fuel pump relay wiring question (but was bad injectors): 3.2