Fuel Pump Recommendation?

What's the current recommendation for a 'best' pump for an '88 3.2?

I'm working through my no-start following a fuse panel change. A possibility is that my year-old Bosch fuel pump has gone U/S.

I am going to order a new one - if my current pump is OK I'll hang onto it as a spare. I'm up against a time constraint so would rather get a new one here and on the shelf in case I need it.

Thanks.

@Type911??

I installed a Bosch item from ECP a few years ago, fits and works.  £117 with Goal45

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-fuel-pump-441330057

ECP so should arrive fairly quickly.

Have you jumped it directly with 12v to check that it works?  An RAC man reversed polarity on one of mine to run it backwards to clear it as it was jammed, which worked.

Unless you have mods that require more flow then standard fit will be fine.

9 minutes ago, Nige said:

I installed a Bosch item from ECP a few years ago, fits and works.  £117 with Goal45

https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-fuel-pump-441330057

ECP so should arrive fairly quickly.

Have you jumped it directly with 12v to check that it works?  An RAC man reversed polarity on one of mine to run it backwards to clear it as it was jammed, which worked.

Unless you have mods that require more flow then standard fit will be fine.

Only thing is Nige that's the very pump that is potentially u/s after one year of minimal use....

I can't imagine it failing then, they're usually robust.  Have you put 12v directly to it from the battery or jumped the two terminals on the DME block (30 to 87b)?  It's a quick and easy test to make sure the pump is working, you can even try starting the car at the same time.

Me also, but nevertheless a possibility.

Anyway, don't need one now.

I have been working through various checks this morning, including checking all of the fuse panel wires against the manual diagrams.

Red/Grn DME wire out of place on the fuse panel.

All good now....